Overcoming a Forest

SierraGreg

Original poster
Aug 5, 2021
Zip 95726
I don't have clear access to the sky to pickup all Dish satellites with one 1002.wa. I have three holes in the conifer canopy that will allow three different dishes mounted in three different locations (100ft from rcvr) to each access a single satellite of the trio. If I combine thru a switch, would this setup work on a single Hopper DVR? Does each dish need to point to a specific LNB? or can the center one be used on all of them?

Thanks Chiodo, I can point using any LNB?
I don't know what your asking but the receiver other than a Hopper 3 will work usong a switch like a DPP44 if you have 3 seperate DishPro LNB's connected to a DPP44 or 34 and receiver(s) connected to switch.

There's a guy named Hipkat on this site, whose an installer very knowledgable he would be able to help you.

I don't know what your asking but the receiver other than a Hopper 3 will work usong a switch like a DPP44 if you have 3 seperate DishPro LNB's connected to a DPP44 or 34 and receiver(s) connected to switch.

There's a guy named Hipkat on this site, whose an installer very knowledgable he would be able to help you.
Thanks for the lead. I'm not familiar how the LNBs work on the dish. The 1002.wa has 3 of them, each angled to pickup each satellite. I dont know if LNB #1 has to be used exclusively for satellite one, LNB #2 to sat 2, etc , or can I just use the center 1 to point at each satellite? Makes setup much easier. Does the hopper address each satellite by LNB?

Yep, three separate 500 (wing) dishes, one pointing to each Satellite with a DPH 42 Switch will run a Hopper 3 (and I'm sure a Hopper 1 and 2).

Attachments

• dp5.png
    dp5.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 131
Yep, three separate 500 (wing) dishes, one pointing to each Satellite with a DPH 42 Switch will run a Hopper 3 (and I'm sure a Hopper 1 and 2).
Hi Hipcat,

After surveying possible mounting locations, I narrowed the antenna locations to two. One can get 119 and 129, and the other 110. I was thinking I could wing-in a non-twin lnb for 110 into the LNB in on a 1000.2wa and avoid the switch and just go with a hybrid node. Is this correct? If a still need the DPH42, and used this same setup, would I wire the #2 and #3 off the 1000.2, or can I just wire one cable off the antenna?

Hi Hipcat,

After surveying possible mounting locations, I narrowed the antenna locations to two. One can get 119 and 129, and the other 110. I was thinking I could wing-in a non-twin lnb for 110 into the LNB in on a 1000.2wa and avoid the switch and just go with a hybrid node. Is this correct? If a still need the DPH42, and used this same setup, would I wire the #2 and #3 off the 1000.2, or can I just wire one cable off the antenna?
No, you can use a Hybrid LNBF but if you wing in the 110, put a piece of tin foil over the right eye - looking form behind - on the 1000.2 so it doesn't conflict with the wing dish. Then just run 1 cable from port 1 out to the Solo Hub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)