Owned 942 to Owned 622 at what cost?

HDFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Well the time will come when I will have to make the switch to the 622 for Mpeg 4 so the question is can I keep the programing package I have now? 5.98 DVR service fee, 6.00 access fee, 9.99 HD package and Voom original 5.00. With tax I pay a total 28.32 per month. The 942 has been great for me with no major problems and I get locals OTA HD and SD. :D

622 here I come, now the question is what would be the total cost if I keep the 942 as a second receiver? Another 5.98 service fee and access fee or just a fee for an additional outlet?
Thanks

You are going to pay $5. more for your HD but will gain quite a bit of programming.

Not in this case, he will be charge $6 more (HD Enable Fee) and will not get any extra channels.

Unless you want a new HD pack (that requires AT100 or more) there is no reason to upgrade at this time.

Not in this case, he will be charge $6 more (HD Enable Fee) and will not get any extra channels.

Unless you want a new HD pack (that requires AT100 or more) there is no reason to upgrade at this time.

No, he will pick up all the VOOM channels that he was unable to get with the 942, plus possibly Starz HD, depending on his existing premiums. He is already an HD customer and should not have an additional HD enabling fee, at least I did not when I switched my 942 for a 622. Oh yeah, also A&E, Universal, & Nat'l Geo will be available. Maybe a couple more.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I have a 622 coming Monday self installed no later then Tuesday. Plan to set up the 942 as an additional outlet and will be happy to keep the same package I have now.

Thanks for the replies, I have a 622 coming Monday self installed no later then Tuesday. Plan to set up the 942 as an additional outlet and will be happy to keep the same package I have now.

If you still just have 110/119, there is no advantage to the 622. You will not get any add'l channels without upgrading to dish hd. Even if you do, since you chose shipped vs. install, please tell me you have 129/61.5. Furthermore, the 622 is mpeg4, your hd channels now are mpeg2. The 622 is not backwards compatible (as far as I know.) In the end, you may have paid for nothing. Let's hope your existing package allows you to get the mpeg4 versions of all these channels.

In this household I have a 50" rear projection LCD and 2 32" LCD's and a 23" LCD in the guest room so SD programing is almost a thing of the past. :D :D :D It"s a shame Dish requires a SD package to get all there HD channels. Charge more for a stand alone HD package.:mad:

No, he will pick up all the VOOM channels that he was unable to get with the 942, plus possibly Starz HD, depending on his existing premiums. He is already an HD customer and should not have an additional HD enabling fee, at least I did not when I switched my 942 for a 622. Oh yeah, also A&E, Universal, & Nat'l Geo will be available. Maybe a couple more.

You have to subscribe to the new HD pack to get those channels and the new HD pack requires subscription to At100 or more. I have the $10 hd pack and $5 voom without a basic package and I do not get the extra channels and I am charge the enable fee.

Furthermore, the 622 is mpeg4, your hd channels now are mpeg2. The 622 is not backwards compatible (as far as I know.)

The 622 does decode mpeg2. All the SD channels and several HD channels are mpeg2 and local OTA is mpeg2. If you tune 9456 you are getting the same mpeg2 feed of HBO regardless of the receiver you use.

Just an update with the new charges. 11.96 DVR service fee, 6.00 HD enabling fee, 6.00 access fee, 5.00 additional receiver fee, 9.99 HD Pak, 5.00 Voom original for a total of 43.95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts