Owning vs. Leasing

dormie1360

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Louisville, KY
I need to add some HD DVR's. I called Dish.....$125 for a 722 with $13 a month for the receiver. ($6 for DVR, $7 for the HD Receiver)

Are there any advantages on buying/owning a receiver? Do you save any money? Do you still have to pay the $7 HD Receiver fee if you own the receiver?

Thanks,
John

Also, unlike DirecTV receivers, Dish Network receivers have good resale value. There is no need to get a new card for the new subscriber, unless it is mne that Dish no longer uses. As for the 722, it is a NEW receiver hand will retain its value for at least a few years to come.

Used DirecTV receivers are almost useless when it comes to resale. The only one worth anything are DirecTiVo's, since new ones are no longer made.

Also, unlike DirecTV receivers, Dish Network receivers have good resale value. There is no need to get a new card for the new subscriber, unless it is mne that Dish no longer uses. As for the 722, it is a NEW receiver hand will retain its value for at least a few years to come.

Used DirecTV receivers are almost useless when it comes to resale. The only one worth anything are DirecTiVo's, since new ones are no longer made.
.....lol, just wanted a anti D* rant huh :p

Thanks....I was wondering about the resale.

Anyone know about the $7 fee. Is that a lease fee? As long as I have a HD package would there be any other fee for the receiver besides the DVR fee?

John

Yes its a lease fee and you wont be charged that fee if you buy a 722 but you would have the additional receiver fee which I think is still $5.

As long as you have it plugged into the phone/ethernet then you should have no other fees except DVR and additional receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)