OXYGEN Available !!

It's the BIG Anime channel in Japan. Final Fantasy Unlimited aired on it as well as one of the Battle Athletes shows and I'm sure other prestigous Anime's have aired on it as well.

CPanther95 said:
A lot of writing just to avoid the question. :rolleyes:
You're blowing smoke up people's asses if you are really trying to suggest that Lifetime offered LRW in addition to the other channels and it was cheaper than the 2 by themselves - or even $0.04 per sub more for all three.
You are correct about the extortion tactics of the major cable companies, and the major programming companies. Charlie would be in serious trouble if he pissed those companies off - fortunately Lifetime is not one of those major players, so extortion didn't work.

The central problem is that blowing smoke is all anyone can do. Neither side has given us a full picture that amkes ssense---an they are not required to. It sort of boils down to people choosing sides based on what they think of the channel---or in some cases Charlie Ergen.

I personally have watched Oxygen more times (twice now) than my wife or I ever watched Lifetime (0 times).

I've never understood the point of entertainment channels aimed at women (or men, in the case of Spike.) My wife's entertainment preferences overlap mine by about 90%. Only difference is she is more likely to sit through a poor quality romantic comedy, and I am more likely to sit through a poor kung-fu or horror movie. But I like the good romantic comedies, and she likes the good horror movies. We pretty much like the same series. So why have a special channel?

Now, non-fiction is a different story. She'll watch Style or Ultra, and I won't. To me, those are "women's" channels. Lifetime was just the "crappy movie" channel.

Maybe I'm just lucky...I can't imagine being married to someone who didn't have the same general cultural sensibilities as I do.

M Sparks said:
I've never understood the point of entertainment channels aimed at women (or men, in the case of Spike.) My wife's entertainment preferences overlap mine by about 90%. Only difference is she is more likely to sit through a poor quality romantic comedy, and I am more likely to sit through a poor kung-fu or horror movie. But I like the good romantic comedies, and she likes the good horror movies. We pretty much like the same series. So why have a special channel?

I completely agree with you. It's the year 2006, we're supposed to be well beyond the gender associations set in place many years ago. I'm a guy and I can't stand the ideas behind Spike as it's embarassing to think that there are men out there who still have such a neanderthalic view of life. In addition my wife can't stand Lifetime and such, as they are just as narrow minded in their programming, she notes that women don't want sappy romances ALL the time! We won't be too upset with Lifetime gone, of course there are quite a few channels we probably wouldn't miss. It's unfortunate that the ones we want are the reason we have to keep AT180!

Does signal strength equate to picture quality?

Advice needed about Feb 1st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)