Oxygen HD?

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
Not that I care (even my wife doesn't watch), but Time Warner is claiming they will add Oxygen HD on 9/23/09. Odd...there's just no mention or rumor of this channel anywhere else that I can find.

Just thought I'd mention it since DISH seems to add everything from NBC pretty quick. Of course, we thought the same thing about Discovery, but...

Channel Change Info | Time Warner Cable | Buffalo

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Rather have WE-HD, because IFC-HD and AMC-HD would come along for the ride, but oh well...

M Sparks,

You might rather have WE-HD along with the other Rainbow/Cablevision networks, but Rainbow/Cablevision have other ideas, namely to litigate with Dish over the removal of the Voom Channels. Until the Voom Litigation is over you can dream on, there will be no Rainbow/Cablevision HD additions on Dish.

John

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
M Sparks,

You might rather have WE-HD along with the other Rainbow/Cablevision networks, but Rainbow/Cablevision have other ideas, namely to litigate with Dish over the removal of the Voom Channels. Until the Voom Litigation is over you can dream on, there will be no Rainbow/Cablevision HD additions on Dish.

It's not just Voom. Rainbow/Cablevision isn't giving We/IFC/AMC or their RSN to any non-cable companies. Verizon, DirectTV, AT&T and Dish are all left out.

Oxygen, eh? I wouldn't mind seeing the Bad Girls Club in HD. Plus it won't be stretch-a-vision a la Lifetime.

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
M Sparks,

John

John L,

Thanks for your valuable input. I appreciate your help in keeping up the SatGuys tradition of posting the same complaints over and over again in the guise of stiffly written facts. While I am well aware of this litigation, I made the mistake of expressing my frustration with the situation by making a simple "oh well" comment...a written sigh if you will. I completely forgot that asking the audience to make their own assumptions about my intentions could, in fact, lead to other conversations and comments, something that is simply not orderly. To paraphrase a wartime phrase, "offhand comments sink threads!"

I'm wondering if we should simply require all posts to be written in formal MLA outline standards. This might help kill a lot of otherwise unfocused conversation.

I really want to commend you...working hand in hand with the illiterate and hate mongers of course...to make sure that SatelliteGuys contains as little friendly, casual conversation as possible. I am ashamed that I am not doing my part, but I promise to try harder. As always, I will "dream on" about a time when SatelliteGuys will be completely unreadable.

M Sparks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)