P226 301 Flakeouts

shilton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 16, 2003
My 301 was recently updated with P226. Since then, I get random signal losses at all different times for NO reason. Now tonight, I was flipping around on the channel guide when my guide just Locked up...TOTALLY FROZE. I had to pull the smart card to get the thing to reboot and then it worked ok.

I believe P226 is a bit buggy....(Surprise from Dish). Anyone else have odd issues to report with this software revision and who can we report it to as Dish? Anyone got an email addy???

Let's all band together and share all our problems (if any) so I don't get the standard "oh its just YOUR receiver" response from Dish.

Had my 301 freeze again today 2 times and lose signal once out of the blue. One freezeup was in the middle of a show and one was while looking at the channel guide. NEVER happened before I was upgraded to P226. I emailed Dish tech support and they emailed back asking me for the info on my receiver to investigate. If you have similar problems, PLEASE CONTACT THEM TOO so that they know this is not an isolated incident. Seems to me that there are bugs here. We need to make it known that we are not happy with them. Make sure you contact them at tech@echostar.com

I have read on one of the other forums that some are beginning to report similar problems with their receivers, so I am not alone here. P226 is Buggy...look for the problems and they will surface soon enough. Mine happens at all random times. :no

If there is a huge outbreak of problems with the 301 software I am sure they would work on a quick fix since there are a lot of people with these type of receivers.

Stargazer said:
If there is a huge outbreak of problems with the 301 software I am sure they would work on a quick fix since there are a lot of people with these type of receivers.
Right...but people need to make sure they let Dish know they are experiencing problems. Otherwise they will consider reports to be "isolated cases". I have read on various forums that more and more people are complaining about issues with P226.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts