P282 Release Notes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nippjas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Sorry Scott, Mark pulled the trigger faster. :eek:

DP811 firmware release P282 is slated for Phase 1 spool 11-18-04.

Release notes are as follows:

Patch for BSOD.
Patch for Dolby Digital 5.1 AV receiver incompatibilities. (I am questioning whether this patch made it into this release.)
Patch point dish tone issue
Patch to lock channel seek when EPG refreshes.
Patch for reboot when powering on the receiver with LCD monitor.
Patch DVI zoom HD output to correct underscan
Patch for system clock descrepancy when tuned to OTA for a given period of time.
Patch for guide information

Jason

Just received word that P282 does not contain the DD5.1 patch, this has been delayed and it is expected to be in the January release P284.

Jason

GaryPen said:
I'm familiar with all of those issues. However, I'm not sure what "Patch to lock channel seek when EPG refreshes" is.
Gary, There is an issue that occurs when the EPG is downloading...if you try to change the channel while this is occurring in the background. As a result they have locked out the ability to change channels when the guide is refreshing.

Jason

Thanks again for the great info Jason! I can't tell you how nice it is to have real information as opposed to playing the "E* update guessing game" ;)

NightRyder

nippjas said:
Sorry Scott, Mark pulled the trigger faster. :eek:

Sorry about that I was away most of the day as I went to the Red Sox Rally in Hartford and actually got to hold the Red Sox World Series Trophy. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
...and actually got to hold the Red Sox World Series Trophy. :D
What!?! :confused: No pictures?

BTW, congratulations to all the Red Sox fans. One day, this Cubbie fan hopes to get to feel the same way...

Back on subject, the Dish web site still shows P2.81 as the current 811 version.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sorry about that I was away most of the day...
Did you happen to compare my private messaging time stamps against both posts time stamps...:D Sometimes I just don't know when it's appropriate to open my mouth...or in this case hit post. :rolleyes: :eek:

Foxbat said:
Back on subject, the Dish web site still shows P2.81 as the current 811 version.
Today's 11-17-04...P282 spools tomorrow...:)

nippjas said:
Gary, There is an issue that occurs when the EPG is downloading...if you try to change the channel while this is occurring in the background. As a result they have locked out the ability to change channels when the guide is refreshing.

Jason
This could be a potential problem for those of us using a SA DVR.

belawrence said:
This could be a potential problem for those of us using a SA DVR.
Only one way to find out...Please post any issues after you have time to play with P282.

So you're saying I can be expecting to be locked out and prevented from changing channels from time to time with this new update?

Foxbat said:
What!?! :confused: No pictures?

I wasn't expecting to touch it, much less hold it. :) I did get a lot of video of the ceremony and of the trophy though. It was a very proud moment for me and for my father. :D

nippjas said:
Did you happen to compare my private messaging time stamps against both posts time stamps...:D Sometimes I just don't know when it's appropriate to open my mouth...or in this case hit post. :rolleyes: :eek:

If you know something your better off posting it. :D As you will quickly learn if you don't post it someone else will. :)

Only while the guide is refreshing, reminder that it is not supposed to take 5 minutes to refresh the guide. But truthfully this is another wait and see item....

I am starting a fresh thread for P282 report backs.

Jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts