PAC-12 joins Slingtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Sling just announced that they were adding the PAC-12 Network to the Sports Extra package. Good news for disgruntled Directv customers.

Pac-12 Networks join Sling TV’s sports programming, becoming a premier destination for college sports fans.

o Pac-12 Networks regional feeds now available in the Sling Orange Sports Extra pack ($5 per month) and the Sling Blue Sports Extra pack ($10 per month for new customers) without regional restrictions.

o These updates follow last week’s launch of Campus Insiders, another college sports destination.

STARZ and STARZ ENCORE join Sling TV’s available add-on packs at $9 per month for Sling Orange and Sling Blue subscribers.

o Free 7-day preview and access to television’s premiere of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

o STARZ add-on pack delivers nearly 3,000+ on-demand titles to Sling TV’s movie and TV show lineup.

Sling TV launches Windows 10 app for PCs and tablets, bringing the best of live TV and on-demand content to Windows users.

o Brings unique Windows 10 features, including Live Tiles, Cortana voice integration and touch compatibility

o The free app can be downloaded in the Windows Store.

I think this is a great move for the Pac12. I might try Sling now that it has this. Can you pause live TV using SlingTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that I don't like about Sling is you have to sub to orange or blue to get anything extra. If I want to sub to Just PAC 12 and EPIX, I have to spend at least an extra 20 bucks to get access to the channels I want aside from the 10 dollars added on for the channel subscriptions themselves.

Sling TV announced its latest round of channel additions, making premium channels Starz and Starz Encore, as well as regional sports programmer the Pac-12 Network, to both its legacy “Orange” and new multi-stream “Blue” platforms.

The Dish Network-owned live-streaming service also announced the debut of a Windows 10 app for PCs and tablets.

All six regional versions of the Pac-12 Network will be added to the $5-a-month Sling Orange Sports Extra pack, as well as the $10-a-month Sling Blue Sports Extra bundle.

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/sl...nds&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The one thing I feel is missing from PS Vue is the ability to watch on a PC or even an internet browser.

By the way, isn't there a separate SlingTV forum?

I hope PS Vue follows suit, as it already carries the Big Ten Network (+regionals) and ESPN's SEC network in its $35 Core Slim package. I'm deep in Pac-12 territory, so fortunately I see a ton of those games anyway on all the other networks.

I think this is a great move for the Pac12. I might try Sling now that it has this. Can you pause live TV using SlingTV?

No, you cannot and that is a huge disadvantage compared to Vue. I've tried both services and Vue is a clear winner at this point. I like Sling ok and if that was all that was available I'd be OK with it, but Vue takes it up to a whole other level. More competition is always good, though.

I hope PS Vue follows suit, as it already carries the Big Ten Network (+regionals) and ESPN's SEC network in its $35 Core Slim package. I'm deep in Pac-12 territory, so fortunately I see a ton of those games anyway on all the other networks.

I bet we'll see it on Vue in the near future, as well.

I can stream now via the Pac12 app and redirect it to tv via AirPlay. Any opinions on whether the picture quality on SlingTV is better/same as using AirPlay via the pac12 app?

The only thing that I don't like about Sling is you have to sub to orange or blue to get anything extra. If I want to sub to Just PAC 12 and EPIX, I have to spend at least an extra 20 bucks to get access to the channels I want aside from the 10 dollars added on for the channel subscriptions themselves.

This is not different from any other provider......

This is not different from any other provider......

That's generally true, but PS Vue lets you sub to certain standalone channel packages (Showtime, Redzone, Epix, Fox Soccer Channel, etc.) without subbing to a multi-channel plan.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/standalone/

Reactions: goaliebob99
I thought I would post my experience trying out Sling TV for viewing the PAC 12 Networks. I wasn't able to find any info about what to expect or best devices to use. So maybe this will offer some help to others.

I bought the current generation of the Fire Stick (available prior to Oct 20, 2016) for viewing the Pac12 Networks via Sling TV. The Fire Stick was slow in general when navigating around and the image quality when viewing sports wasn't very good. I never had any buffering or app lock-up issues, but the image was a bit jittery and not fluid/smooth. A good way to see this is the jitteriness of the news banner at the bottom of the screen. It should flow across smoothly and not bounce/jolt along. I took the stick back to the Amason store and replaced it with the regular Fire TV. Much better! The image quality when viewing sports is pretty good on a +46" TV. The Fire TV is also much snappier than the stick. The new stick coming on Oct 20, 2016 might be better, but until then, don't waste your time with the stick. Spend the money and get the Fire TV. It's clear that CPU, GPU, and RAM (or a combination of them) matters so get the most robust box you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts