Pac 12 Network hope

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Seeing at&t already has it, I would think theres a good chance that D* will also get it... however, you might not get it till at&t's contract is up where they can negotiate both at the same time.
Or maybe they will do a deal that ends at the same time that U Verse does.

Seeing at&t already has it, I would think theres a good chance that D* will also get it... however, you might not get it till at&t's contract is up where they can negotiate both at the same time.
Or maybe they will do a deal that ends at the same time that U Verse does.

I think this could happen with every channel AT&T U-verse has that DirecTV does not carry.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The only thing that concerns me with that is if it would take up some of DirecTV's bandwidth and then DirecTV goes back to HD-lite.

DirecTV launched not one but two satellites. The first was last December. There are a lot of high-definition programmers which can be added. How this is managed…I cannot say. But, to ask about Pac-12 Network’s numerous screens was more a concern prior to December 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirecTV launched not one but two satellites. The first was last December. There are a lot of high-definition programmers which can be added. How this is managed…I cannot say. But, to ask about Pac-12 Network’s numerous screens was more a concern prior to December 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As for the multiple screens, (think you mean channels), the BTN does this already and others as well.
BTN is 610.1 thru however they need for that week.

When was Directv ever HD Lite?
pre-2007 era, when they only carried a handful of HD channels and they were only available in MPEG-2 HD format. 1920x1080i channels were reduced and compressed to 1280x1080i resolution IIRC. The native 720p channels were compressed much more as well, in addition. This was all because they didn't have the bandwidth and space available yet until the D10 satellite went online in 2007.

I think this could happen with every channel AT&T U-verse has that DirecTV does not carry.

This is a little different since att is a major sponsor for pac12. That's not the case with other channels either is missing so I have a feeling most of the rest will happen through natural contract negotiations and not simply happen right now due to the merger like this one could.

pre-2007 era, when they only carried a handful of HD channels and they were only available in MPEG-2 HD format. 1920x1080i channels were reduced and compressed to 1280x1080i resolution IIRC. The native 720p channels were compressed much more as well, in addition. This was all because they didn't have the bandwidth and space available yet until the D10 satellite went online in 2007.

Never

This isn't even an issue at all. Plenty of bandwidth available.

Well... which is it? Exact opposite answers. That resolution seems to be what Dish actually broadcasts now. I don't know what IIRC is... native?

Not entirely true ....

HDNet was NEVER hdlite ....
Mark Cuban would not allow it.
Then again it always looked better than most as well.

Pac-12 Networks: AT&T’s shift to DirecTV away from U-verse and what it means for the conference http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...orks-whats-next-as-att-de-emphasizes-u-verse/ Posted on February 24, 2016
I don’t want to assume everyone has heard or read the news, so here’s a quick recap:As one analyst put it, via Bloomberg: “AT&T is going to actively get out of the U-verse business.”If you’re a U-verse subscriber who watches the Pac-12 Networks – count me in that group – then the development is cause for, if not concern, then at least curiosity.If you have a vested interest in the future success of the Pac12Nets — everyone at the conference office and on the campuses — then the development is also cause for, if not concern, then at least curiosity.I’ve attempted to gain some clarity on the situation. Not surprisingly, there’s a considerable amount of nuance.We’ll start with the bottom line: The situation isn’t awful for the Pac-12 in the near term, but it’s not good.Not. Good. At. All.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts