Package upgrade/downgrade: How long does it take?

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
I called Dish on Sunday morning around 9:00 am PST and down graded from AEP to Top 180 but as of today 3:00 pm PST I still have all the AEP channels.

How longs does it take to change a package and do you think I am still being charged for this time. I am about to call them and find out.

Programming changes usually happen in minutes. Sounds like they dropped the ball on this one.

NightRyder

It really should have been instantaneous. I know when I added Showtime, a hit was sent immediately to my box and within seconds I was able to tune to it. This was through logging into my account on their website though (don't trust CSRs ;)).

I added some distants from the website "Add local Programming" section and it was up in 5 minutes.......

Just got of the phone with a lovely Dish CSR...Not sure what country I reached but guess what...my account showed that I was still and AEP subscriber. She did see that I called in (I didnt know they put notes on accounts) and she couldnt tell me why I wasnt downgraded.

Most importanly she issued me a credit for two days worth of AEP. :)

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you create your account on their website. That way you can log in and check your status without dealing with them over the phone (at least to check stuff... to holler about their questionable competence is a different story).

In the case of setting up your account on their website, it certainly allows you to *add* services and so on, but you can't, as far as I found, downgrade via the website. That seems to require a phone call.

As for how quick it happens, as others have stated, it's literally instant if not a couple of minutes. We went from AT60 to AT120 and I did it online. After hitting "Submit" and walking to the TV and finding the remote, I had the added channels.

Just to note you have to make sure the satellite receivers are plugged in and connected to the satellite with a successfull signal coming in while the hit is being sent to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)