Packers continue to do nothing

Patience my friend. You build teams through the draft, not free agency. Ask Dan Snyder how spending like a drunken sailor on high profile free agents has worked out for his teams' successes......

We still have not replaced the G's from when Rivera and Wahle left. I know you build through the draft, but, that is not the only tool you should use.

Especially when switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. They need different players and have oodles of cap space to get a couple of the better ones.

Patience my friend. You build teams through the draft, not free agency. Ask Dan Snyder how spending like a drunken sailor on high profile free agents has worked out for his teams' successes......

Not necessarily. Getting Reggie White in Free
agency was the catalyst for the Packers
Super Bowl team.

Fret not, Madtown. The Lions aren't exactly setting my pants afire with their FA acquisitions, either. Very little chance that Detroit will be passing anybody by this season.

Fret not, Madtown. The Lions aren't exactly setting my pants afire with their FA acquisitions, either. Very little chance that Detroit will be passing anybody by this season.

AS much as it pains me to say this, they are doing ok moves, guys who are solid players who can maybe help to get this team a few wins. Still much work to do, but even "diva" superstars would rather go to a 6-10 7-9 team that is a few moves away, thats what our loveable leos need to get to 6-10 7-9 to grab players

In the past the lions have had no problems spending money in the past, its just been the wrong players.

But back to the Pack....Which Ryan Grant will we see this year??

AS much as it pains me to say this, they are doing ok moves, guys who are solid players who can maybe help to get this team a few wins. Still much work to do, but even "diva" superstars would rather go to a 6-10 7-9 team that is a few moves away, thats what our loveable leos need to get to 6-10 7-9 to grab players

In the past the lions have had no problems spending money in the past, its just been the wrong players.

It still is. See who they signed for DT yesterday? The guy is 36 yrs. old, and they gave him a 3 yr. contract. Hope he brought his "walker".

Last edited:

The bigger question is the Oline. Will they be worse than last year? Tauscher is a FA coming off 2nd ACL surgery, RG was poor, C Wells is too small, LG Colledge was ok, LT Clifton is declining. And no replacemetns on the roster for any of them.
Could be a long year in Titletown.
Hopefully Ted gets fired soon and we can move on.

That's pretty cold comfort isn't it? Not as bad as the Lions.:eek::D

Two years ago the Packers were in the NFC championship game. They had some needs and he did nothing. Last year 6-10 and he's doing nothing. Four years and one playoff appearance? How long do I have to keep hearing what a good GM he is? What's the deal? Does he get a % of the cap money he doesn't spend?

That's pretty cold comfort isn't it? Not as bad as the Lions.:eek::D

Two years ago the Packers were in the NFC championship game. They had some needs and he did nothing. Last year 6-10 and he's doing nothing. Four years and one playoff appearance? How long do I have to keep hearing what a good GM he is? What's the deal? Does he get a % of the cap money he doesn't spend?

The misery you have endured.:rolleyes:

Try one playoff win in 51 years. :(

Look at it this way. The lions can only go up right?;):D

Only if they have bottomed out. I haven't seen the schedule yet, but I can see this continuing for another 5-6 games. There will be a lot of new players, a new system, etc...and I'm not impressed with the signings as of yet. They will give Tampa Bay's futility mark a run before they turn this around. What happened in Miami and Atlanta last season will not happen here. We don't have anywhere near as much talent to build on, as those two did. For once in my life, I would love to be wrong about the Lions, but it won't be this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)