painting a dish (designs)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
can anyone post a link or tell me what would be the simplest way to paint a design on a dish? what kind of paint, etc. when i watch nascar and see the dishes, some have their sponsors on the dish. i am wondering if there is a place to by templents or something. any help appreciated.

so far i can only find one site, but that has to do with hiding dishes and painting to blend in with surroundings. anyone know anything?

Before I installed my elliptical dish I had it powder coat painted to match the house (white) to blend in. Of course I didn't have the LNBs painted :)

My installer reccommended using flat paint, no shiny or reflective paint. SO, any glossy type of coat will cause signal problems, other than that, knock yourself out. I seen people paint BUDs before so I don't see why these smaller dishes can't be painted. I was thinking about blending in my dishes and that is why I asked

I did this install the other day, the customer had the dish painted before I could get it mounted, same color as his home....... as for logos I think its a great idea, see pictures on my web site : ) The Hotdish 75 or 95 cm dish is white and so great for painting! The above job had a perfect signal so the paint never affected it!

Attachments

• Pict0001.JPG
    Pict0001.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Pict0002.JPG
    Pict0002.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Pict0003.JPG
    Pict0003.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 235
Thanks for all the respones, I either want to paint it all red or blue with a yellow 24 (look at pic next to my name) on it. I am looking for a templent so it looks good. i am no pro painter.

ocaddict said:
You'd probably have better luck if you painted a respectable driver # on the dish.
Let me guess, #8 fan? Only reason people like him is because of his daddy. When he wins a couple of championships, then we will talk.

Hey dishes are cheap as heck. I think I would try a decal. Most printers can do them for less than $50, and if it don't work "But it will" just peel the decal of. Nah the dish is to cheap just replace the dish. But you can do a really cool computer design take it to your printers and they can put it on a decale for you and then you just lay it on the dish. I don't understand people wanting to hid there dishes. I like the way they look. and it is a damn site better than all those overhead lines we see from the cable company and phone and power. Next time you drive down a road with over head utilitys just look up about 10 degrees and notice how bad they look. I have one road, a main road and that thing is just litered with hundreds of lines. Looks pretty bad to.

www.ContractWork.info
The board for satellite and cable installation technicians and employers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)