Paladia is back without BBPass or not??

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I have Ch 369, Paladia on one DVR but not the other.
I know that is was moved to the blockbuster pass deal at one time but i have not changed anything in a year or more. Did they recently move it back to the premium pack (or whatever they call it). Should I be happy that I still have it on one DVR or should both have it?

I noticed Paladia and Pixl were both on here,we don't sub to bb@home,not sure if its a free preview or what.

As of May 3rd, Palladia HD channel 369, will be added to the following HD packages at no additional cost:

HD120
HD200
HD250

PIXL is on free preview until 5-22! Enjoy!

As of May 3rd, Palladia HD channel 369, will be added to the following HD packages at no additional cost:

HD120
HD200
HD250

Thank you and DISH. For some reason one DVR never lost Palladia and I will be glad to get it back on the other unit. Now if we could only get GAC in HD. Some of us love music as much as regular TV programs and movies.

I have entered a programming request for you for GAC HD. If you reset the other receiver and download the programming guide it should show up. Please let me know if you are still having an issue!

maryb@Dish Network said:

HD120
HD200
HD250

Nice to see Palladia come back to its old spot of AT 120 with HD. Any chance Velocity (formerly HD Theater) will do the same? Any other channels moving out of Blockbuster @ Home into packs like AT 120? Also, is Palladia in any base Dish Latino base pack?

If any of the above comes across as harsh, it is not directed to Mary. I think it is good news, and I love how Mary and the rest of the DIRT keep us informed.

I am a little concerned at this. Is Dish planing at dropping something similar that is already in those packages? (AMC channels are not similar)

I did read a article, got to find it where the whole amc dropping is discussed, in the article it's stated that "highly rated channels" would be replacing them.

Tampa8 said:
I am a little concerned at this. Is Dish planing at dropping something similar that is already in those packages? (AMC channels are not similar)

I hope not because Palladia was once in the At120 pack with HD before HD Free for Life. Then, Palladia in SD was provided in place of Fuse SD, but the HD feed was not available to those without HD Platinum (or whatever it was called that is Blockbuster @ Home) although HD Free for Life was in effect. Then, Dish made a press release about launching Palladia (due to Fuse disappearing). XD

You (both) DO realize that GAC does NOT even have an HD feed available for ANY provider yet... :confused:
No, I did not. I reread Mary's response and I think she was referring to getting Pallaida on the receiver that does not have it. And sending a request up the ladder that GAC in HD would be welcomed.

It appears that Palladia is not in Dish Latino base packs. Will it still be offered in Blockbuster @ Home? Just curious...

I do not have any additional information about Palladia but I will submit a request to have added to Latino HD packages as well as the BB@Home package.

maryb@Dish Network said:
I did not know that there was no HD feed for GAC. I guess my request will not go that far. Sorry!:(

Maybe not, Mary. Dish has Centric and Logo in HD, and I'm not sure if these are "real" HD feeds as I never see HD programming when flipping past them. However, they are a step up from an SD feed. :)

Maybe not, Mary. Dish has Centric and Logo in HD, and I'm not sure if these are "real" HD feeds as I never see HD programming when flipping past them.

Because they are, in fact, NOT real HD feeds - & a TOTAL waste of HD bandwidth, when there are many REAL HD feeds NOT being carried at all :rolleyes:

However, they are a step up from an SD feed. :)

Sure, & would make sense - if DISH had gobs of HD bandwidth to pi$$ away, & was NOT short on carrying other REAL HD feeds.
Otherwise, ridiculous to carry upconverted SD feeds, regardless of the channel in question... :rolleyes: