Palladia DD - Pro Logic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Whats up with so much Palladia content being Pro Logic instead of Dolby Digital. Out of all channels they should be exclusively DD.

Even more annoying is that they send that EX flag down automatically with a lot of their programming. If I want to matrix my surround back channels, I'll do it myself.

Do you know if the 722 sends the full audio coding up the HDMI to the TV?

I'd rather use one digital out from the TV no matter what the source is (722 or Blu-Ray/DVD). So, I was wondering if this will get passed through my Sony Bravia or if I need to wire the 722 and the Blu Ray separately to my receiver.

I was trying to test this last night by looking for a movie that had "(DD)" listed in the info, but I didn't find any. So, I assumed they stopped tagging movies in this fashion.

Thanks!

Why not run everything to the AV receiver then do one video run to the TV.
I have a nice receiver, but it doesn't switch/route HD video.

Thus, one digital audio out from the TV is best for me. Makes the remote control situation easier as I can just leave the receiver on one setting and switch inputs on the TV.

So, any idea if the TV passes the DD?

Most tv's will not do this. They tell the sending device they have stereo speakers and the device sends the audio as such. It's better to go to the audio receiver first and then run video from it to the tv if you need the surround sound capability.

I have a nice receiver, but it doesn't switch/route HD video.

Thus, one digital audio out from the TV is best for me. Makes the remote control situation easier as I can just leave the receiver on one setting and switch inputs on the TV.

So, any idea if the TV passes the DD?

Ah, I see. Maybe time to invest in a new receiver ;) just kidding. What is the model of your TV? It should say whether it will do what you want or not in the specs. I have a feeling that it won't, but without checking we won't know.

Yep. This is probably pretty much the case is there is such limited multichannel content for Palladia that they just run 2.0.

Ah, I see. Maybe time to invest in a new receiver ;) just kidding. What is the model of your TV? It should say whether it will do what you want or not in the specs. I have a feeling that it won't, but without checking we won't know.

Thanks. And apologies for hijacking the thread. Just saw the OP question and it reminded me of my own!

I suppose I can check an online manual. The onscreen manual was mostly worthless and if a detailed manual came with the set, I couldn't find it. Could have been swiped by a 2 year old, but all I see are basic connection and turn on instructions. Not the details needed for this answer.

I have the KDL-60NX801 (same as the NX800, which may be easier to find)

rare

Thanks. And apologies for hijacking the thread. Just saw the OP question and it reminded me of my own!

I suppose I can check an online manual. The onscreen manual was mostly worthless and if a detailed manual came with the set, I couldn't find it. Could have been swiped by a 2 year old, but all I see are basic connection and turn on instructions. Not the details needed for this answer.

I have the KDL-60NX801 (same as the NX800, which may be easier to find)
It would be a rare TV that would output anything other than 2.0. Manufacturer's are selling you a TV not a switcher or a surround sound system.

It would be a rare TV that would output anything other than 2.0. Manufacturer's are selling you a TV not a switcher or a surround sound system.

You are correct - the manual which came with the set is a joke, but, Sony has a very helpful internet chat support option and the guy confirmed this. 2 channel output only. What a complete waste of an optical output port! :rant:

You are correct - the manual which came with the set is a joke, but, Sony has a very helpful internet chat support option and the guy confirmed this. 2 channel output only. What a complete waste of an optical output port! :rant:

all new tv's are like this... the optical port will output 5.1, but from the internal tuner only (OTA)... MPAA is to thank for this :( I have a receiver w/ only 1 optical input, so it's either the 622 or the PS3... PS3 won :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)