Panasonic and Vudu

Panasoinc Blu-Ray Software Update Today-Not Good

My player updated the software today and now Netflix won't load. It begins loading, then the lettering goes huge then returns to the main menu where I can choose my application. Every other network app seems to work properly. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? Do I return the player to where I bought it? Netflix is my primary use for this player.

Thanks.

I got through to tech support and they are working on the issue with Netflix. In the meantime, I downloaded the last version from their website and reinstalled it.

My player updated the software today and now Netflix won't load. It begins loading, then the lettering goes huge then returns to the main menu where I can choose my application. Every other network app seems to work properly. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? Do I return the player to where I bought it? Netflix is my primary use for this player.

Thanks.

I'll give it a try in a while.

S~

Some people over at AVS are saying Panasonic told them it is supposed to be fixed today. COuld be that it went out too early and wasn't supposed to go out until Wednesday.

S~

Great to see. Vudu HDX is really the only streaming competition to people who care about blu-ray PQ. Only issue is, they need to perfect a better way to encode a higher end audio.

Holy c***. It is getting ridiculous over in the AVS threads. Newbs coming out of the woodworks. While it is possible the 65/85 problem is on Panasonic's side, it is also quite possible that it is on the NF player authorization side. It'll be fixed.

S~

Oh yeah, people have been all over Panny at several sites. They forget how good they've been since BR started out. Then there's those that are just industry plants and it's their job to troll and add logs.

I posted my last comments in those threads. It's obvious those who are just reactive and know absolutely nothing. Of course Panasonic tested their firmware and it worked. It could very well be on the NF authorizations side as all 2010 models use te same interface. The palyer accesses the Panasonic server and then the server accesses the appropriate site. The players don't access NF directly.

S~

Yepp, NF takes control of the player, which is why I always laugh when people blame the player for not having queue management. Its NF!!!

I sub to as little owners threads as I can there, and I do not even post answers to question threads anymore. The bad thing is, the folks trying to help usually get slammed by people who have an agenda, or do not even know what they are talking about.

I had to step in, that guy was a complete moron. It's funny how, when a prob shows up, you get "new" posters that come out of the woodworks to light peoples torches for the lynching.

The new download is here and it works. Thanks Panasonic and Netflix for getting this resolved quickly. No Vudu though.

Elway, how does the pq compare using a player for Vudu vs using the Vudu box? Or can you compare?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts