navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
From Swanni:

A top Panasonic executive today said Blu-ray could defeat high-def disc rival HD DVD by the end of the year.

That's according to an article at CNET.com.

Kazuhiro Tsuga, who runs Matsushita's home electronics unit, says Blu-ray manufacturers will soon sharply cut player prices and launch a major promotional effort for the format. (Matsushita is the parent of Panasonic.)

The two actions will give Blu-ray a wide lead over HD DVD by the end of the holiday season or by the end of the first quarter, he said, according to CNET.

Apparently, according to Tsuga, HD DVD backers, led by Toshiba, would then be forced to either drop out of the battle and/or negotiate an agreement with the Blu-ray forces for a single format.

"The BD (Blu-ray disc) companies will try to do our best to promote Blu-ray," he said. "The studios want us to put money in to promote it...By the end of the year, you will see good products with very good promotion."

-more at the links. So are there about to be more personal attacks here on Swanni or Tsuga?

Oh boy, the HD-DVD fans are going to have a field day with this one.

Oh boy, the HD-DVD fans are going to have a field day with this one.

And I own both (including a Panasonic). I'm getting really tired of BD's rhetoric and inability to deliver. BD+ whoohooo. Already having problems on the first day with LG and Samsung. Plays on the Panasonic (guess I'm safe) and PS3 (guess Joe's safe), but seriously drags load time down. Now you all can start comparing to the first gen HD-DVD players.

S~

Spin, spin , spin. It is a wonder we all don't throw up! I am still waiting for one of those big price cuts! Just deliver the product and let the consumer chose. And start bring out more titles we all want!

From Swanni:

A top Panasonic executive today said Blu-ray could defeat high-def disc rival HD DVD by the end of the year.

That's according to an article at CNET.com.

Kazuhiro Tsuga, who runs Matsushita's home electronics unit, says Blu-ray manufacturers will soon sharply cut player prices and launch a major promotional effort for the format. (Matsushita is the parent of Panasonic.)

The two actions will give Blu-ray a wide lead over HD DVD by the end of the holiday season or by the end of the first quarter, he said, according to CNET.

Apparently, according to Tsuga, HD DVD backers, led by Toshiba, would then be forced to either drop out of the battle and/or negotiate an agreement with the Blu-ray forces for a single format.

"The BD (Blu-ray disc) companies will try to do our best to promote Blu-ray," he said. "The studios want us to put money in to promote it...By the end of the year, you will see good products with very good promotion."

-more at the links. So are there about to be more personal attacks here on Swanni or Tsuga?
FUD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)