Panasonic leaks 65-inch 4K LCD, HDMI 2.0 prior to IFA announcement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Panasonic is one of the few electronics companies that's not pushing a 4K TV right now, but that is apparently about to change. An AV Forums reader spotted a few webpages cached prior to the company's launch event that show off not only its upcoming 4K res WT600 television, but also details of the HDMI 2.0 spec. The current HDMI 1.4 connectors can only handle 4K content at 30fps, and the page mentions HDMI 2.0 will support at least 60fps, but any further capabilities are unknown. The Panasonic WT600 details shown include that it will support DisplayPort 1.2 as well as 4K specific features like a web browser, media player, rendering engine and THX certification.

Link

panasonic4khdmi20-ifa.jpg

Hopefully they can get it together with this one. I was never impressed with their (or Mitsubishi's) LCD lines.

S~

Ive got a 32" IPS 2009 model, been happy with it. Blacks aren't great, but it has a good viewing angle and it calibrates well. Im not a huge LCD fan, but I want Panasonic to push into 4K LCD and OLED, hopefully Ill like the result.

Not announced, but if the broadcast the Super Bowl in 4K it might drive up sales in January ...

I seriously doubt that would happen... It would require hundreds of cameras updated to 4k, all the editing and video insertion equipment. Things like the computer that puts the first down line on the screen, the graphic overlays, uplink capacity. A football game is a tremendous amount of equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)