Pandora for VIPs?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I thought I read somewhere it was coming for some of the VIPs, but can't find anything. Was I imagining it?

I don't see why not, but going by the olympics app i would say that the 922 while fully capable will likely be left off the list. :-(

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

i haven't heard that. but, i have it on my roku now.

Yes, but the Roku is not all it's cracked up to be. So limited control...Pandora-wise. But since I don't HOP, might be the same with it.

garys said:
I never heard of it coming, and since Vip's does not have any type of apps at all yet, I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for them to show up. (Now watch them show up tomorrow, he he he.)

922 has apps. They are crap, but it is fully capable. Like I said though, they didn't even give it the olympic app so confidence is not real high.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

When 922 came out they where in the works to get the same EPG to the other VIP boxes but i would guess with all the hopper issues any work on VIP gear is far on the back burner, for anything other then what it can do atm.

The 922 runs the same software OS as the Hopper. However, when DISH was spec-ing out the 922 back when it was going to be called the 722s, they did not give it enough horse power to handle what the new OS was asking of it. So when it came time to do the Hopper, they essentially doubled the amount of hardware umph. That's probably why we don't see the same NBC Olympic app on the Hopper that we see on the 922. Even on the Hopper, there's a little bit of hitching when doing things in the app. The wait would be much longer on the 922.

As far as new features for the other members of the ViP line, they will be few and far between. Software development has been shifted to the Hopper as that is the future of the Dish platform. And I don't see them ever back-porting the new 922/Hopper software back to the rest of the ViP line as it would not be a positive for them or the customer. It would be difficult for them to get to it work on hardware that's even less powerful than the 922.

Oh and also, the Pandora channel on Roku was recently refreshed last week. It's much much better now. http://blog.roku.com/blog/2012/07/30/new-pandora-channel-for-roku/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)