Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
New to Pandora ...

Why is it when I make a Station I'd like to hear from a particular artist.
Say Led Zepplin, for example, it will play a Zepplin song and the next song will be from a different artist, I would have thought that it would play Zepplin till I changed it.

I noticed the same thing too.

or you type in a song name and it gives you something else by a totally different artist

New to Pandora ...

Say Led Zepplin, for example, it will play a Zepplin song and the next song will be from a different artist, I would have thought that it would play Zepplin till I changed it.

Not exactly. When you type in an artist it will start out with that artist then play other artists in the same genre. Creating a station as it goes along. After so long it will get around to playing other songs from your chosen artist.

When typing a song name it is creating a station based on a title not an artist, so it may play the song you typed first or another song in the same genre.

I hope this helps. I was typing and watching the end of the Sun Bowl. :)

New to Pandora ...

Nope it will play Zepplin and artists like Zepplin. Thats the way Pandora works.

no..its part of their "license" same thing with Slacker..The record companies won't allow "x" amount of songs from the same artist or album in the same hour.You can also only skip approx 5 songs in an hour too.now if you subscribe to the "premium" version the rules might be different

You can give songs on your station "thumbs down" and they won't play again. Give the ones you like the "thumbs up." Pandora is very intuitive, the more info you give it, the more it is customized to your tastes.

pandora is really great for just relaxing because you will hear everything i listen to all types of music so sometimes all i have to do is type a name or title and my day is made i love pandora be honest its the best 1 out there

wildbill129 said:
You can give songs on your station "thumbs down" and they won't play again. Give the ones you like the "thumbs up." Pandora is very intuitive, the more info you give it, the more it is customized to your tastes.

Has anyone figured out how to give a thumbs up/down when screen has gone to screensaver mode?

Pandora takes some time getting it to understand your likes and dislikes. I have had an account for about two years, and now I never hear a song I don't like.
I suggest building a number of channels with your favorite artists, use the thumbs up-down for a while and then check out the quick mix.

My wife and I used to have different accounts, but when we kinda merged hers into mine and we both started choosing the good stuff, we both are happy with the "Quick Mix"

Give it some time and effort.

CJWCT, I know it can be done, but I'm at work. I think you hit info and it gives you choices.

What release has Pandora. I'm on ce with 58c.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)