Pansat 2700A Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 13, 2005
Ok.....im frustrated! I set the time on my Pansat, and in less than an hour it gets off.....it happens everyday.....whats the deal?

Piece of crap:)

You saidias it!

You would be as well painting the front of the receiver black and using a clock to get the time.

mine does the same thing, so I gave up on it, use wall clock. But, if the clock would work properly, you could use it to record programs.

My Lifetime Ultra hasn't been right since I bought it, either. I set it the first day and then noticed that after a few hours it had lost over an hour of time. At this point, all I use the clock for is to check for the blinking period to see whether it is a time on the display or if I left the receiver on by mistake when I am watching TV on the D* DBS receiver.

Cheers!

Most of the Pansat/Fortec receivers use cycles for time and not legit minutes. My Pansat is always off. Heck, when we turn the clocks back, I'll just leave it...It';ll catch up in a day or so :)

The Pansat 3500 has a real time clock.

I just took my pansat apart and the reason of this problem was looking me in the face. The ticker for the clock is built into the mpeg chip (sort of). It’s a real odd ball design and its not a good idea to build a counter or a cycle chip into the primary chip-you can save money doing it this way though. Anyways when the big chip (mpeg codec chip) is doing something major it tends to run out of power and the cock cycles are wrong because the counter can’t keep up. At this point it can do 1 of two things. It can either be late or early… Okay I am sure you understand late (the ticker is behind) but EARLY, how’s that work… As near as I can tell, and by making past comparisons to computers and the like, the mpeg2 chip is seeing extra instructions that are basically cashed. Here is the problem, when you cashe things in memory it gets larger-it gets more numbers. Okay we all know what a repeating decimal is…. Okay either the number repeats and the machine locks up, or it cuts it off. When its cut off your minus some ticks because the codec chip and the counter a backboned, however it looks like when it cuts off its taking the remainder and making another cycle out of it (clock click in other words). So yea, it’s either lagging and cutting off or it lagging and doubling the instructions just like a codec chip does, however a counter should not do this. Here is the thing, pansat should have spent the extra money and put a completely separate counter on it.

Now the way this should work, when the counter is lagged then it should go ahead and count the correct amount of ticks when the power is there, and it will only be off for a short period of time, and then BOOM! Once the lag is gone it SHOULD jump up to the correct time really fast.

Keep in mind, this is a very simple explanation and I have not tested the unit to make sure I am 100 percent correct; this is just a hypothesis to why it does this. The hypothesis is based on ALL THE OTHER ELECTRONIC/COMPUTER work I have done in the past. I simply noticed the problem, saw the chips and experience and how things work did the rest.

Oh yea, or they could just keep everything the same and put a better codec/mepg chip (the one being sared) in there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts