Pansat 3500S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zozon

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking about exchanging my Fortec Star Lifetime CLASSIC FTA Digital satellite receiver for Pansat 3500S. It has Conax CA-7 Embedded card reader. My questions are:
1. Can Pansat 3500S be used with GlobeCast subscription i.e. card?
2. Is there any difference between card readers on Pansat 3500S and Viewsat VS2000. I ask this because reading recommendations on FTADirect web site I got impression that Viewsat VS2000 card reader can work with all kinds of smart cards (Nagravision, Nagravision 2, Viacess, Irdeto, Conax, and others). Can Pansat3500S do the same.

Thank you,
Zozon

welcome :wave
Zozon said:
1. Can Pansat 3500S be used with GlobeCast subscription i.e. card?
at this time, no it does not work with Globecast

2. Is there any difference between card readers on Pansat 3500S and Viewsat VS2000. I ask this because reading recommendations on FTADirect web site I got impression that Viewsat VS2000 card reader can work with all kinds of smart cards (Nagravision, Nagravision 2, Viacess, Irdeto, Conax, and others). Can Pansat3500S do the same.

The Viewsat will work with a Nagravision card for Globecast :)

Thanks Iceberg.
In your review of Viewsat VS2000 you said:
The only flaws I found are
-no blind scan...but I knew that coming in.
FTADirect advertise it as Viewsat VS2000 - Blind Scan (smart satellite search).
Are those different things or I'm missing something?
Also:
update...there is some new software that gives the unit USALS (yeah!)...
How can I get this?
And finally: Which receiver would you recommend for both FTA/smart cards (multiple like: Nagravision, Nagravision 2, Viacess, Irdeto, Conax, and others).

Thank you,
Zozon

The original Viewsat did not (and I think still does not) have blind scan
The Viewsat platinum DOES advertise a blind scan, although I haven’t seen that one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts