Pansat 6000 HXC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satgeek

Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Hello folks,

Thanks to everyone that has posted in this thread. I'm the next newb that will need help with a Pansat 6000 HXC, my setup just shipped this week. I should be getting the seemingly very popular Winegard 76cm dish with rotor, an Invacom QPH-031Quad LNBF and a 4 x 1 Diseqc Switch.

I have no experience with satellite systems or FTA receivers, but many years ago I was a TV repairman so I do understand electronics in a general way.

I'm lucky to be fairly far south at zipcode 92262.

This forum looks like it will be immensely useful in my learning process. I'll try not to be a pest :)

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

I split this post and made your own thread for you up-coming install!

Thanks Pete!

A primary reason why I chose FTA as a new hobby was my interest in world news. I'm especially interested in network news feeds. I have the impression that some english language news feeds from other than US sources can be found. English is my only language.

With this in mind, is there a particular satellite you might suggest I look into?

I'm aware of Lyngsat, but so far I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the information to be found there.

Steve

http://dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

The above should help with Lyngsat!

Ku signals have a 5 digit Freq.

C signals have a 4 digit Freq. (Need a 6' dish)

There is Russian world news on IA-5 (And many more) I would start there.

When it comes to the setup I would not use the motor or any switches to start with, they can be added after you have found and stored a few satellites. (Mainly your TRUE south satellite)

Well our equipment arrived this week, and we have started preparing the hardware and planning our installation. The system kit we ordered includes the very common Winegard 76cm dish and a rotor. The dish came with a universal bracket that includes a flat plate for mounting to the structure and a piece of 1 5/8" pipe with a 45 degree bend to mount the dish.

But the motor is meant to hold the dish, so the included mount hardware seems to be superfluous or inappropriate as we do not want two 45 degree angles in the hardware mounting the dish.

The ideal spot for this dish seems to be right above the wooden pergola that shades the deck around our pool. So we think we'll drill a hole through one of the slats on top of the pergola, slide a 10 foot TV antenna mast segment down through the hole, then after plumbing everything up just right, bolt the bottom of this mast to the vertical support beam of the pergola. This will result in the mast pipe being fastened at two points 8 feet apart vertically, giving it the ability to resist the high winds that are common in this area.

And of course we'll use the carpenter's method of cut twice, measure later. Is that how that goes? :)

I've got the details at hand for our latitude, longitude, magnetic declination error, and our true south satellite, which, seems to be Satmex 5.

With any luck at all, I could be dishing out by tomorrow night.

Then on Tuesday we are scheduled to have Dish Network installed, but that's another forum, of course.

Success!

I'm watching an international new program on Telstar 5 right now. Woo Hoo!

So far I've only set up SatMex5 and Telstar 5. Definitely a cool new toy.

Well done! Sounds like an interesting install. Feel free to post pictures if you have any :)

Nice job! Shows that careful aiming, research, and settings makes the difference when using a motor from the start. I like that tile roof too :)

:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)