Please reply by conversation.

Labgate

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Hello

I came across this on the pansat site.

hxxp://www.pansatusa.com/newmod.html

From what I read the pansat 9000 hd will be doing 4:2:2 and HD. It is not written if it will have blindscan but usallly pansat does.

I sent them an email asking it the model will do blindscan. If it does, I will be the first in line to buy one. They say it should come at the beginning of june !

Labgate

I wonder if they'll make this delivery day. Globalteq (company that OEMs Pansat stuff) doesn't seem to have these on their website. So either they won't make the date or these receivers are manufactured by a different company

http://www.globalteq.com

Thanks.

Blindscan would be nice, but perhaps too much with the terrestrial as well as satellite capabilities. If it does all they list it certainly will be adequate. :)

I guess you could blind scan, and control polarity/dish movement on a BUD with a Pansat 3500, and dump the channel list via the memory card into this unit, and it wouldn't be too bad. :D

We have seen a few boxes similar but some don't seem to have blind scan until later. What would cause blind scan to not be there versus a regular box that will scan in a HD signal or a 4:2:2 even though they cannot view them?

Anyone want to venture a guess about the "USB 2.0 Host" spec? Would that be limited to flash drive for firmware updates? Or, hopefully, support of external hard drive for DVR functions.

Red

Don't know if you folks have seen it, but Rick, from http://www.gofastmotorsports.com/, spoke with someone regarding this receiver and posted the following information:

"But unfortunately, after talking with Mr. Kim today at Pansat and giving him some 4:2:2 feed locations and having him try them, they discovered that with the current software that the receiver cannot do 4:2:2 video. It would lock the feeds and play the audio but could not process the video.

They have recorded some of the 4:2:2 streams and sent it to thier engineers to see if they can get it to work on 4:2:2. Let's hope that they can get it work."

No blind scan according to Pansat. They say it is a limitation with the chipset.
They also said they will have some in by the end of this month and that they would retail between $400-$500.

Last edited:
is there any 8psk in the NA sky ? dishnet uses turbo-fec 8psk, its not a normal 8psk, its a proprietary 8psk only to dishnet, they once in awhile do fta channels (guess they forget the encryption is off, I dont know), but this ird wont be able to tune those.

Yes, there are 8PSK feeds for Fox, NBC, ABC, CBC and O/V feeds on Galaxy 3C, Galaxy 4R, AMC1 and Anik F1.

is there any 8psk in the NA sky ? dishnet uses turbo-fec 8psk, its not a normal 8psk, its a proprietary 8psk only to dishnet, they once in awhile do fta channels (guess they forget the encryption is off, I dont know), but this ird wont be able to tune those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)