Pansat 9200 & The Illuminati 8psk - Will it work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

handymantoo57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 10, 2011
Brookville, KS
I purchased a Pansat 9200 with a Illuminati 8psk board already installed. Does anyone know if it will work for h-264 video signals? I haven't been able to scan an FTA signal and find any channels. I'm new to 8psk and need some advice. Thanks.

The Illuminati 8psk board is for Turbo-8psk only, that is pirating the Dish Network stuff primarily. That's something that's tough to do these days, which is why these used units are on the market. Pansat has a DVB-S2 8PSK Plus that will do what you want, and is highly regarded but over-priced, in my opinion ( I got my last Openbox S9 receiver for $115 ) . I'm not at all sure that the Pansat 9200 won't do h.264 DVB-S out-of-the-box , even without the illuminati board. If so , removing the illuminati board would help with overheat conditions common on the 9200. My choice would be to take out the illuminati altogether, and see what the 9200 could handle.
You might let us know whether you are Ku band, Cband, or both. That fact affects a lot of our thinking.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)