Pansat 9200 will not scan in Dvb-S2 feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I just bought a new pansat 9200 with the Dvb-s2 kit.
When ever I try to scan in a DVB-S2 signal i cannot get
a quality reading on any channels.I am usng firmware 1218
from the pansat website.I can scan in regular dvb-S signals without problems.
Also when I record a program I cannot get the recording orange dot to go
offt the screen in the upper right corner while recording.Anyone have any suggestions?

I don't have the 9200, but have read:
* Turn on receiver. The DVB-S2 / 8PSK option in the Advanced Satellite Scan menu will allow you to scan DVB-S2 / 8PSK transponders containing free-to-air programming.

I don't think it will scan dvb-s2, also I do hope you have the right board, if you manually put in the info does it work?

I don't think it will scan dvb-s2, also I do hope you have the right board, if you manually put in the info does it work?
I open the lid and it is not the right board.I will be returning it to the seller.

There is a genuine unit supplied through Pansat retailers; although you need to make certain that you have enough signal to drive it. Connecting the loop through cable to feed the S2 input will activate that unit, but I have found that you need to be dead on the satellite and polarity setting for it to work at all.
Example: Using a 7.5 foot Paraclipse Hydro here in the Midwest, I get quality readings from PENTAGON channel on same 89 West/Horizontal polarity into the high 70s and 80s. Mid 70s for PBS on same polarity. But manually enter the info
(see the MPEG-2 charts at www.global-cm.net) for EQUITY on same satellite and you will find that unless there is at least a quality reading of 65, the entire circuit mutes out. IF you have scanned things in so that all 28 channels on the Equity TP are in channel memory, both the signal and quality readings will remain frozen at the 0 level until things magically appear. A perfectly tuned 7.5 foot dish in Wisconsin gets a 65 to a 67, often dropping out when it hits 65, depending upon local weather and propagation conditions. This tells me that anything smaller than an 8.5 footer on either coast is going to be a futile effort, and that a 10 footer would be more recommended. Also...you need to be using an efficient C-band LNBF or a feedhorn with high stability C-band LNB to make this reliable. Not very likely with most of the low cost C/Ku LNBFs. Just my opinion!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)