Should I go pc?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I currently have a visionsat that I use to record shows from satellite. I have an old tv and a dtv pal converter box for local hdtv (watched in SD). I hope to get an lcd tv in the spring.

I'm catching snippets about dvb-s2, 4:2:2 etc. but don't really know if I'm actually missing something that I would enjoy.

I'm considering building a PC to record satellite shows from satellite and terrestrial signals. I think I am computer and satellite savvy enough to at least give it a go.

I am most interested in tv shows. I am not a sports fan. I don't typically scan for news feeds.

I only have a ku band dish but have linear, universal and circular lnbs.

My first question is, given my interests, am I missing anything currently broadcast on a regular basis in dvb-s2, 4:2:2, etc. that would make this venture worthwhile. If necessary PM me that answer.

I don't have a DVB PCI/USB reciever, but a lot of folks swear by them. What's the worst that could happen? You could become a resource for the rest of us.

I know, instead of getting the wife that shiny new cordless drill for xmas, get her a a nice DVB card:p:p:p

I just rebuilt a new PC for a Sat receiver and a Blu-ray player due to being sick and tired of waiting for the next STB that promises 4.2.2 and dvb-s2 and recommend doing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)