Pansat 9200HD Died

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elliswr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Texas
My Pansat 9200HD bit the dust on New Years Day. After doing a blind scan and Menu out to a new channel, the unit became unresponsive to anything. After multiple reboot attempts and even trying a reflash of the firmware, it was evident that the unit would not live to see another day. All the LEDs came on and the display showed a normal startup, but no actual video was ever displayed on the screen or audio ever heard (via hdmi) except the blue background with the channel number and the channel would not change.

So, I am expecting the shipment of a SatHawk (Openbox S9) any day now from Sadoun. Hopefully this box last me a little longer than the 9200 did. I have seen quite a lot of posts lately about the Openbox/SatHawk/Solomend. Could we possibly have another subforum for all OSS related posts?

Cheers,
Wes

Thanks for the help, Carlos. I doubt it's a power supply issue. I checked the voltage on it and all seemed fine.

I do have a question about changing receivers. My dish is not currently at the 0 position and I can't turn it back to 0 using my current receiver. Do I need to have it at the 0 position prior to hooking up the new SatHawk receiver, and if so how do I rotate it?

You do not need the motor to be in the 0 position if you will be using USALS motor control.

If the receiver is outputting 13/18vdc on the SAT IN port and you wish to park the motor in the 0 position, use the move button on the motor to manually drive the motor to the 0 position.

BTW.... You can move the HH motor with any 12 - 20VDC power source connected to the motor's receiver port and pressing the manual move button on the motor. Just connect the center conductor of a coax pigtail to the positive polarity of the power source and the coax outer braid to the negative. This power source could be a 12 volt battery charger or a small battery pack or motorcycle / car battery.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts