Pansat 9200HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I can't seem to find a review on this receiver...can anyone who owns one please give input, very interested in this receiver but not wanting to dish out the money if it won't do nothing more than any other HD box...

Is there any difference between CS8000 and Pansat 9200HD? What does it mean that Pansat 9200HD will do H.264Mpeg 4?

Thanks

Here's a thread about the 9200HD:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/108434-got-my-new-pansat-9200hd.html
I just got one earlier this week and so far, I am impressed with it. Haven't found any h.264 channels to try yet. (and probably won't since most , if not all of those are encrypted in one form or another) But, with MPEG2 HD feeds and PBS HD on 87W, it is great. Having blindscan is one reason I wanted it. And I got it at a very good price. (which helps)
The possibility of PVR functions and DVB-S2 (add in card) made this one seem like a good deal to me. I have been using a Pansat 2700a for quite some time and the blindscan on it is very good and the 9200 finds everything it does. There are other options for HD out there that are cheaper, but, not by very much.
Oh, and the video is very clear on SD and HD.
grusome

there is mpeg4 dvb-s2 on cband, there was a post just a few days ago regarding the location.

Saw that. But, I don't have the C-band dish up yet and as I understand it,
the 9200HD won't do DVB-S2 without and add-on tuner. (unless, I've missed something as the manual say's "Optional" for that feature)
grusome

What else would you need to buy to pick up H.264, mpeg4, or dvb-s2 channels with this receiver?

H.264 MPEG4 it does out of the box. But, I haven't found an h.264 mpeg4 feed on Ku band to try it yet. And I have not installed my C-band dish yet to try the feed that updatelee was talking about. As for DVB-S2, Pansat is supposed to come out with a plug-in tuner for that. (There is a place for one)
grusome

Saw that it has an over the air reciever built in very nice. I've been looking and waiting on these HD box's this one has me interested. But as usual in time the price will be right

Saw that it has an over the air reciever built in very nice. I've been looking and waiting on these HD box's this one has me interested. But as usual in time the price will be right

How so true!!!

So basically this box does everything, or is capable, that we want it to except 4:2:2?

How so true!!!

So basically this box does everything, or is capable, that we want it to except 4:2:2?
It seems to do everything I need it to do. It handles my motor pretty well.
(although the operator could use some help on remembering to read the instructions properly :D )
It has good Blindscan and both SD and HD video look good. If it did
4:2:2 video I'd be set. It might even be capable of it, but, I doubt that
Pansat will bother adding that feature to it. (software wise) As others have stated here, true FTA is really not the main market. But, once in a while
we do get something out of them !
grusome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)