PANSAT 9200HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egg2004

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Indiana, Pa
I am trying to setup a pansat 9200hd reciever with no luck.
I am replacing a pansat 300a (slave reciever) which works fine.

The following are my system details. I have a:

1). 8.5 foot mesh dish
2). chapperal co-roter (international) feed horn.
3). ku and c-bank lnb.
4). a disecq switch to combine the c/ku bands into one for the slave reciever
5). A 4dtv master reciever.

When the 300a fta receiver is installed i pick up channels..i.e. it works fine.
but when i install the 9200hd fta receiver i get nothing. The only thing i can think of
(other than the reciever being bad) is that i do not have things set up correctly on the
receivers "antenna setup screen". Anyone have any ideas? What would be the correct
configuration.
By the way, I have tried:
1) by passing the disecq switch and connectting both cband/ku band directly to the
9200hd receiver with no luck.
2). running a blind scan with no luck
3). manually procgramming in the channel frequency and symbol rate. With no luck
4). Both polarities..I already know i had the polority correct.
Anyone have any ideas? What would be the correct
configuration on the "antenna setup screen"?

This section is for PC DVB Discussion (PCI PCIe USB tuners), this post should be moved to FTA Discussion area. You will get a response there. As far as help with the antenna setup screen the setting for ku should be 10750 for a standard ku lnb and I belive 5150 for the Cband.

stilll no luck

Thank you for the response, however i already have those setting in place for both cband and ku. I am getting signal strength but no quality what so ever.. Based upon my original post and this adddional information is there something else that i mAy be missing? I am NOT entirely new to fta areana, but im by far no expert either. Any and all inforamtion would be helpfull.

I am aware of the heating issue, but this is occuring as soon as the its turned on...and its not hot at that point.

Thank you

Do you have the Pansat S2 board installed? If so, is the jumper in place?
Mine would screw up about a minute after turning it on. Before the heat was apparent. Put a fan on the case sucking the air out the top.
Get on a sat and channel with the 300, note TP, polarity and SR, Remove 300.
Install the 9200, program TP with info from 300. Should get it. If not, I suspect defect in the 9200.
Doing this with no switches inline would eliminate that possibility. Add components one at a time makes finding problems quicker and easier.

I no the 300a receiver and I have the pansat 9200 ites my spare receiver for the azbox I have the two on the 8ft dish same as you and no problems .The setup for the all pansats are very good .And out of switches even better .the heat no big problem after the receiver working for long time did have a problem .setup problem no jumper cable for the s2 board.If the problems not solve open the box unistall the s2 bord tray the receiver out of the board and then install the board againe.

Now with the Pansat 9200HD are they having actual problems with the 8PSK boards and how true is it for true legal FTA.

thank you all again. I already tried eliminating all of possiblities, and and already know the dish is right on, becuae i did the 300a thing already... Anyway, can someone explain these jumpers? Are these the coaxal cables going from in/out on the back? If so, I had them on the first time around (doing all of the above), but decided to disconnect them to see if that made any difference. Yes this unit has the 8psk board. What is the correct hookup for the jumpers? Maybe thats the problem? I will try putting them back on.

No one has responded about all of the detail settings on the antenna set up screen: descq 1 or 2 etc.. or if any of these settings even matter (other than 5150 for cband and 10750 for ku)? There are setting for descq, antenna type etc...

Thank you and again....I will try taking the board out after eliminating all other possiblities...but i am not ready to do that just yet. Thanks all.

pansat 9200

pansat 9200 dont have no problems only heat miner problem s2 board the new one working very good only tray to helpe to solve the problem until today I never have one problem on the pansat same heat but solve if you install one small fan

ok the setup for mine jump cable go to loopout in the receiver and to the input on the s2 board setup for galax19 ku lnb standard 10750 22khz off diseqc #2 legacy sw sw21 dish 2 positionsetting disable.for ku band for c band lnb 5150 22 k on diseqc 1 legacy sw sw21 dish 1 all my settings for ku and c band for the pansat 9200.

I dont always have the luxury of playing around with this/working on it. I finallly had an opertunity to try a few of the suggestion presented to me (Thank you everyone very much..btw). I was finally able to get the receiver to work, but only after disconnecting the 8 PSK board all together. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to proceed from here? I would like to install the the 8psk board. Is there an easy way to find out if its bad or not? Once i disconnected it the receiver started working fine? I saw some internet site about upgrading software and such...Would that be the issue here?

Thank you ALL....you guys are great!!

I was going to say: remove all switches, and then check to see if you have LNB power turned on.

But, since you got the 9200 working without the S2 board, here's maybe another idea:
Verify you have the correct S2 board; several have been sold [maybe 3?]
... and the appropriate firmware to operate it! ;)
If you have hack firmware and a non-hacker board, that probably won't work... nor will the reverse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts