Papa to replace Gumble on the NFL Network

papa's going to be a busy guy. He now calls New York Giants games, NFL Network's 8 games and HBO's Boxing After Dark shows (generally one per month)

He's pretty good. What happens if the Giants are on the NFLN? Are they supposed to be this season?

Papa is a good choice. Too bad Collinsworth is back as PxP. The NFL Network has better candidates in-house with Steling Sharpe and Mike Mayock. Last year those two teamed with Papa for the Insight Bowl and did a fantastic job. They had great knowledge of the game and chemistry but unlike Collinsworth, did not take themselves too seriously.

Papa is a good choice. Too bad Collinsworth is back as PxP. The NFL Network has better candidates in-house with Steling Sharpe and Mike Mayock. Last year those two teamed with Papa for the Insight Bowl and did a fantastic job. They had great knowledge of the game and chemistry but unlike Collinsworth, did not take themselves too seriously.

I agree, Collingsworth comes off a bit cocky and a "know-it-all" at times, but bottom line, the guy knows his stuff. Collingsworth has great knowledge of the game.

I agree, Collingsworth comes off a bit cocky and a "know-it-all" at times, but bottom line, the guy knows his stuff. Collingsworth has great knowledge of the game.

This is exactly my take on Collinsworth. I can't stand the guy, BUT think he is a GREAT analyst.

Gumble SUCKED at commentary during NFL games. I still remember the game between the Cowboys and Packers where Gumble fumbled with commenting on the wrong team during the game.

Among many of the annoying things about Gumble.. one of the things that irritated me the most was that it sounded like he mumbled or spoke just barely above a whisper at times.

Among many of the annoying things about Gumble.. one of the things that irritated me the most was that it sounded like he mumbled or spoke just barely above a whisper at times.
Well Gumble could have had the best commentary in terms of content in the world. If you don't have a good announcers' voice, it doesn't matter. Gumble had the great combination of bad voice AND bad content. Maybe they proposed Gumble at the staff meeting and they meant to say they wanted Greg and when Brian showed up, they didn't want to look stupid and just put him on to do pxp anyways.

Papa is solid. Collinsworth while coming off as possibly arrogant is the finest analyst in the Game today NFL anyway.

Sterling Sharpe is abysmal in any setting. Studio, booth, in person. Makes no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)