Paramount HD DVD review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had a bit more fun watching 'Sleepy Hollow' again on HD DVD than I originally did in the theater. I don't think it is Tim Burton's best film, but it is moody and gory and never less than entertaining. This HD DVD may be a tad disappointing to some, if only because the source material does not have the crystal clear look of today's computer-perfected big-budget action movies. But we get a very nice transfer here given the film's intended visual style, and Paramount is including plenty of extras on all of their HD DVD releases.

'Sahara' is a silly film but a great deal of fun. Light in tone and filled with 'Indiana Jones'-esque derring do, it is the perfect Sunday afternoon time waster. And Paramount has produced a terrific HD DVD for it, which shows that the studio is already capable of delivering first-rate discs right out of the gate. A superb transfer, soundtrack and extras -- including a few bonus features not even on the standard DVD release -- make this one a no-brainer if you're a fan of the film.

Both sound good; I have them both on pre-order. I'm not too sure about Sleepy Hollow, though. I've never seen it, barely heard about it (I think I was working overseas when it came out). I'm no a big fan or gory horror films, but this doesn't sound like any 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. And the Director, Tim Burton, is the guy who gave us "Mars Attacks", right? Is has to be pretty off the wall . . .;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)