Paramount list for Q1 and Q2 2008

r.jones1116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Goose Creek, SC
Found this over at AVS;

http://www.amazon.com/tag/blu-ray/fo...x3D51MUSU97PNS

"Paramount/DreamWorks Home Entertainment - Classified Information.
Proposed list for 1st Quarter 2008 to 2nd Quarter 2008 HD DVD / More to come:

Titanic TLT
Braveheart TLT
Gladiator TLT
Deep Impact HD
The Prince of Egypt HD
Saving Private Ryan HD
Small Soldiers American Beauty HD
Cast Away TLT
Shrek 1 & 2 (Also Trilogy BOX Set w/P3) TLT
The Last Castle HD
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence HD
A Beautiful Mind HD
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion HD
The Time Machine HD
The Tuxedo HD
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas TL51
Shark Tale HD"

TL51=Triple Layer 51gig discs
TLT=Triple Layer Twin discs

oooh that looks awesome!!! Titanic!! Saving private Ryan!! Shark Tail (lol ive never seen it but i love animations)!!! Shrek Trilogy!!

wow i can't wait thansk for the info :)

Someone tried posting this in the insider's thread a week ago and posed it as a question. Was completely deleted. Amazon page is not found. I'll believe it when I see it officially announced somehwhere official. They need to put up some big titles to stay alive.

That being said, many I would purchase.

S~

This is not the war zone.

Is this AVSForum now?

I don't think deleting posts was called for.

The alleged list comes from a non-credible source on highdefforum.com. Amazon.com has no association to this rumour, it was merely reposed on their forums.

No worse than things posted in the Blu-ray forum everyday... And no it is not AVS Forum where you jumped on the thread there, surprised it is still up... Open a thread in the Warzone if you wish but there will be no warzone like comments in this thread...

Is this AVSForum now?

I don't think deleting posts was called for.

The alleged list comes from a non-credible source on highdefforum.com. Amazon.com has no association to this rumour, it was merely reposed on their forums.

Nope, but you all b**** when people go into the Blu-Ray forum and make comments. Same applies in the HD DVD forum.

If you want to discredit the other format, do it in the war zone.

S~

As some others have said, I'm not sure how much to believe this, but there are definitely some titles there I would jump on... almost falls into the "too good to be true" category, though...

A.I. is a Warner movie. It was supposed to be a Kubrick film, but he died before he could work on it. Spielberg directed it.

Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) - Company credits

It may be out on Blu-Ray. However, I wouldn't put too much stock into that if Spielberg has any control over it.

What's up w/ the triple layer twin stuff? There's no way they're going to bother doing twin discs for catalog stuff. Paramount has only done one combo "Star Trek: TOS, Season 1."

A.I. is a Warner movie. It was supposed to be a Kubrick film, but he died before he could work on it. Spielberg directed it.

Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) - Company credits

It may be out on Blu-Ray. However, I wouldn't put too much stock into that if Spielberg has any control over it.

What's up w/ the triple layer twin stuff? There's no way they're going to bother doing twin discs for catalog stuff. Paramount has only done one combo "Star Trek: TOS, Season 1."

Warner had theatrical distribution rights. Dreamworks holds/held DVD distribution rights. Often when studios coproduce a feature, they will make some kind of deal. Same thing happened with Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima. One was distributed on HDM by Paramount, the other Warner.

S~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts