Paramount network?

I doubt that anything much will change on the Paramont channel. It will still be the same programming that Spike had, but they will change the name. I've seen them do this on other channels and they try to market it like it is some new channel. New and Improved!

Reactions: Darrell S
It is just Viacom rebranding Spike to fall in line with the Paramount Network name that has been used overseas for quite a while. The programming focus is changing a little as it will become the primary Viacom network they will use to push big event programming, such as the new series Yellowstone with Kevin Costner.

Paramount is trying another network? UPN was doing pretty well until they dumped the few good shows they had...
in early 2006, Viacom and CBS split up, with Viacom gaining Paramount Pictures and the name Paramount while CBS got the Paramount TV division and rebranded it at CBS Television and they also gain full ownership of UPN in which they decided to merge with the WB to form the CW. so the reason why UPN folded was cause it was struggling as it only could complete with the WB and Ion Television when it was still know as I: Independent Television and also the fact that CBS and Viacom split with Paramount going to the new Viacom while CBS wanted to possibly rebranded UPN to something else had the merger never happened

Hey got to watch Forrest Gump again the other day right after it switched from Spike. That's one of those movies I must stop and watch even though I have seen it a million times.

Reactions: dfergie
in early 2006, Viacom and CBS split up, with Viacom gaining Paramount Pictures and the name Paramount while CBS got the Paramount TV division and rebranded it at CBS Television and they also gain full ownership of UPN in which they decided to merge with the WB to form the CW. so the reason why UPN folded was cause it was struggling as it only could complete with the WB and Ion Television when it was still know as I: Independent Television and also the fact that CBS and Viacom split with Paramount going to the new Viacom while CBS wanted to possibly rebranded UPN to something else had the merger never happened
The way I remember it, when Viacom still owned United Paramount Network, they wanted to re-brand it as The Paramount Network, but too many affiliates objected that it would be too radical of a change, so they shortened the name to UPN and changed the logo instead. It is nice to see them finally using the Paramount Network name for something. Speaking of re-brands, does anyone else think that The CW should simply change its name to The DC?

When will my head stop spinning?

The way I remember it, when Viacom still owned United Paramount Network, they wanted to re-brand it as The Paramount Network, but too many affiliates objected that it would be too radical of a change, so they shortened the name to UPN and changed the logo instead. It is nice to see them finally using the Paramount Network name for something. Speaking of re-brands, does anyone else think that The CW should simply change its name to The DC?

When it launched in 1995, UPN was initially owned by Chris Craft Industries BHC/United Television division. In 1996, Viacom’s Paramount unit that produced most of the series for the network made it a joint venture by acquiring 50% of the network. In 2000, Viacom purchased the other 50% that was owned by Chris-Craft.

When it launched in 1995, UPN was initially owned by Chris Craft Industries BHC/United Television division. In 1996, Viacom’s Paramount unit that produced most of the series for the network made it a joint venture by acquiring 50% of the network. In 2000, Viacom purchased the other 50% that was owned by Chris-Craft.
Right. It was at that point (when Viacom had full control) that they wanted to re-brand it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts