Paramount Releases

Finally some more titles from Paramount:

Paramount Bringing 'Flags of our Fathers,' 'Coming to America,' 'Trading Places' And 'Failure to Launch' To HD DVD & Blu-ray
March 06, 2007

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced a trio of titles for high definition home video, starting with previously delayed 'Failure to Launch (Special Collector's Edition)' which is now on tap for an April 24 release on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.

On May 22, 'Flags of our Fathers' will make its highly anticipated HD DVD and Blu-ray debut in a two-disc set ala Paramount's previous big seller 'M:i:3' set. Speaking of Mission Impossible and May 22, the first two films previously only available on HD DVD and Blu-ray via the Ultimate Missions box set will be sold individually for the first time on this day.

The following month on June 5, Paramount will release 'Coming to America (Special Collector's Edition)' and 'Trading Places (Special Collector's Edition).' While 'Trading Places' is listed for release on HD DVD and Blu-ray, 'Coming to America' is currently only lsited for Blu-ray Disc, which we presume means Paramount either forgot or will announce the HD DVD counterpart shortly. Like 'Failure to Launch,' both appear to be a single-disc edition with a standard DVD counterpart.

The best releases so far (IMHO) are from the format neutral studios. Lets hope more join the party. ;)

The best releases so far (IMHO) are from the format neutral studios. Lets hope more join the party. ;)

I agree. IMO the best overall movie catalogs belong to Warner and Paramount. For the exclusive studios, Universal has the deepest catalog of titles. Not saying that Fox, SOny, and MGM don't have some good titles.

S~

I think that half of it has to do with the fact that universal decides to release movies that are 20 years old and either people already own and dont want to but again or people have seen 50 times already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)