Warner to distribute more than 600 Paramount catalog titles on Blu-ray

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Paramount Home Media Distribution and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group today announced that they have reached a strategic alliance centering on more than 600 catalog titles from the Paramount film library. The deal grants Warner Bros. exclusive rights to physical Blu-ray and DVD distribution of those titles in the U.S. and Canada, and will make Paramount’s UltraViolet offerings available on a non-exclusive basis through Flixster, the Warner Bros. movie streaming and discovery service.

“These Paramount catalog titles are the perfect complement to the Warner Bros. library; they will allow us to offer consumers new multi-feature film packages and debut many titles on Blu-ray for the first time,” said Ron Sanders, president, Warner Home Video. “The deal also adds a new energy to our Warner Archive Collection initiative, broadening the selection of rare titles available to consumers on demand.”

thestreet.com

Yepp, ive seen a lot of the "blu-ray" is gonna die folks saying this was the last big year for catalog releases. Looks like maybe not. Lotta good stuff from paramount in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Also some older titles as well. I know Fox released some marilyn monroe movies from the '50s on Blu-ray and heck they even released John Wayne's first big movie, The Big Trail, from 1930 on Blu-Ray as well! It's in widescreen, but in Black and White.

Also some older titles as well. I know Fox released some marilyn monroe movies from the '50s on Blu-ray and heck they even released John Wayne's first big movie, The Big Trail, from 1930 on Blu-Ray as well! It's in widescreen, but in Black and White.

Really? That would mean that they did reverse pan and scan on it since stuff that old was shot in acadamy ratio of 4:3

warner is going to do the same with many of Paramount titles that they are doing with their own. If they are really old and obscure, they will be sold as downloads (but only in SD). Those titles that warrant a physical release, like say In Harm's Way, will be put on BD.
I have yet to find many Warner titles that I wanted to download.
S~

I wish "Father Goose" was a Paramount property, but I'm pretty sure they're not.

Ugg they are going with UltraViolet... This will steer me clear of most of these. I really love being able to pull up all my older BDs via my iPad. And I do not count streaming via flixster via the download and watch offline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)