Parental Controls

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RoswellGA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I am trying to understand the E*'s Parental Controls functionality. I went in and set up locks based on Sexual Content and Nudity on the receiver. However my son tried to watch Fantastic Four which has a rating of Mild Violence, but it was locked. What would cause this?

I decided to try using the rating instead and blocked NC17, but that causes the Not Rated to be locked as well, which includes many programs which I do want my family to have access to. I know that some channels have pretty explicit NR programs, but I can lock those channels individually. It would seem to me that I should be able to pick whatever I wanted to block without having a hiearchy forced on me. Is there any way to accomplish having NC17 blocked but not NR?

RoswellGA said:
I am trying to understand the E*'s Parental Controls functionality. I went in and set up locks based on Sexual Content and Nudity on the receiver. However my son tried to watch Fantastic Four which has a rating of Mild Violence, but it was locked. What would cause this?

I decided to try using the rating instead and blocked NC17, but that causes the Not Rated to be locked as well, which includes many programs which I do want my family to have access to. I know that some channels have pretty explicit NR programs, but I can lock those channels individually. It would seem to me that I should be able to pick whatever I wanted to block without having a hiearchy forced on me. Is there any way to accomplish having NC17 blocked but not NR?

sure...just select the nc -17 rating......

I ended up just blocking the worst channels (TEN, Playboy,etc.) and the worst ratings (A/O - Adults Only).

The problem is if a move is rated for nudity in its theatre release then it also still rated for nudity on a "TV" channel.

For example, on channel 139 - TBS, "Porky's" is still rated for nudity even though it has been edited-out from its theatrical version.