Parental Controls

RoswellGA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I am trying to understand the E*'s Parental Controls functionality. I went in and set up locks based on Sexual Content and Nudity on the receiver. However my son tried to watch Fantastic Four which has a rating of Mild Violence, but it was locked. What would cause this?

I decided to try using the rating instead and blocked NC17, but that causes the Not Rated to be locked as well, which includes many programs which I do want my family to have access to. I know that some channels have pretty explicit NR programs, but I can lock those channels individually. It would seem to me that I should be able to pick whatever I wanted to block without having a hiearchy forced on me. Is there any way to accomplish having NC17 blocked but not NR?

RoswellGA said:
I am trying to understand the E*'s Parental Controls functionality. I went in and set up locks based on Sexual Content and Nudity on the receiver. However my son tried to watch Fantastic Four which has a rating of Mild Violence, but it was locked. What would cause this?

I decided to try using the rating instead and blocked NC17, but that causes the Not Rated to be locked as well, which includes many programs which I do want my family to have access to. I know that some channels have pretty explicit NR programs, but I can lock those channels individually. It would seem to me that I should be able to pick whatever I wanted to block without having a hiearchy forced on me. Is there any way to accomplish having NC17 blocked but not NR?

sure...just select the nc -17 rating......

I ended up just blocking the worst channels (TEN, Playboy,etc.) and the worst ratings (A/O - Adults Only).

The problem is if a move is rated for nudity in its theatre release then it also still rated for nudity on a "TV" channel.

For example, on channel 139 - TBS, "Porky's" is still rated for nudity even though it has been edited-out from its theatrical version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts