'Partial / Complete Signal Loss' - Error Message

Dish416

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Detroit
Watching TV this morning after a few minutes I get that 'partial / complete signal loss' blue screen on any channel. After pressing the 'dvr' or 'guide' I am immediately able to view my channel, so there is obviously no true signal issue.

Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

Some of my OTA channels constantly lose signal, I guess my antenna is not very good. But this is happening w/Dish Network subscription channels, that's where my problem is

Which arc are you on? My Eastern arc (72, mostly) dropped out around 12:45 EDT while I was watching BigTen HD.

It's been okay since 1:10pm or so. It's really windy where I am so I was hoping it wasn't a loose dish mounting.

The point is that a bad OTA signal will cause a report even when viewing Sat signals--the tuner is still there.
Always pick a strong OTA signal or disconnect the antenna.
-Ken

That would mean that this problem is only occurring w/customers that have an OTA connected to their 722, is that the case?

I will delete some of my OTA channels that don't have a reliable signal, if that doesn't do the trick i'll completely remove my OTA module and see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks to all.

Which arc are you on? My Eastern arc (72, mostly) dropped out around 12:45 EDT while I was watching BigTen HD.

It's been okay since 1:10pm or so. It's really windy where I am so I was hoping it wasn't a loose dish mounting.
I also got the complete signal loss message as my timer started on B10 HD at noon. A quick visit to the Point Dish screen to verify green signal, and I was able to get back to B10 HD with no problem.

No need to delete weaker channels if you don't want to. The fix is to be sure you don't leave any tuner on an OTA channel. When done watching OTA, go to a Sat channel, then to a second Sat channel. That should fix the problem. BTW - another poster found another good idea. Do not leave your receiver on an OTA channel before it does the automatic update. It seems to not allow the guide info sometimes and can lead to reboots.

Last edited:
The point is that a bad OTA signal will cause a report even when viewing Sat signals--the tuner is still there.
Always pick a strong OTA signal or disconnect the antenna.
-Ken

I have 1 ota channel programmed in that I almost never can get. It is over 120 miles away. Never had a problem with my 722 till I got L676, L677 didn't help. We were away last weekend and got L721. So far no Partial Signal loss message. I still think it was a software bug.

I deleted all my OTA channels & the dreaded blue screen has never returned :). I think you're right about the tuner 'cause when I was upstairs I think I seen my TV2 tuner on an OTA channel. That may have been causing the problem. I'm gonna rescan/readd my OTA channels & see of the problem returns while TV2 is on a Dish channel.

Thanks for all the advice/help everyone.

I love this forum

When I got my Complete Signal loss today on TV2, my TV1 was not on and hadn't been tuned to an OTA channel, so I think there is more going on here, or other conditions besides weak OTA channels. Perhaps it's different based on receiver model. The OP didn't say what model he has. I and one other in this thread had the same thing happen on the same channel at the same time today, so I'd say that's more than just a coincidence.

I should have mentioned my LoS was on my ViP211, not my 722K. It appeared to have affected 72W, not 77W, when I checked the Point Dish screen.

I should have mentioned my LoS was on my ViP211, not my 722K. It appeared to have affected 72W, not 77W, when I checked the Point Dish screen.
Mine was while I was on Big Ten HD 439, which is also 72W...do you recall around what time it occurred?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts