Paterno says he'll 'run out of that tunnel next year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3718508&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines"]Joe Paterno says he'll 'run out of that tunnel next year' as Penn State Nittany Lions coach - ESPN[/ame]

I hope he retires.

I hope he retires and goes to do other things before he moves on.....

Ya know how the Bear was, hopefully the same won't happen to JoePa.

Jimbo

Ya know how the Bear was, hopefully the same won't happen to JoePa.

Jimbo

I agree, IMO once you can't coach on the field, you should hangup the whistle.

I don't think JoePa has much interests besides football. Coaching is how he wants to spend his golden years.

I agree, IMO once you can't coach on the field, you should hangup the whistle.

Paterno just had (reportedly successful) hip surgery today for the express purpose of being able to walk well and return to the sidelines. He waited until the regular season was over so he'd have time for the physical therapy.

I am for him too. Give Penn State credit for not dumping on a legend in the lean times and look at the season they have had.

More teams should give time as opposed to jettisoning coaches.

Although I must say the running out is a bit of a stretch! LOL

I am for him too. Give Penn State credit for not dumping on a legend in the lean times and look at the season they have had.

More teams should give time as opposed to jettisoning coaches.

Although I must say the running out is a bit of a stretch! LOL

Well if he is such legend, he should stop being a little wimp and schedule Pitt.

Well if he is such legend, he should stop being a little wimp and schedule Pitt.

What does not playing Pitt have to do with being a "wimp"? It's not like they've been lighting it up in recent years (or any time in the last quarter of a century for that matter). PSU doesn't play Pitt because the two sides can't come to an agreement over how to arrange such a meeting -- PSU doesn't want to do a long term series (and is only willing to do a long term series if they get extra home games out of it); Pitt doesn't want to do anything except a long term home and away series. Hence, no agreement.

What does not playing Pitt have to do with being a "wimp"? It's not like they've been lighting it up in recent years (or any time in the last quarter of a century for that matter). PSU doesn't play Pitt because the two sides can't come to an agreement over how to arrange such a meeting -- PSU doesn't want to do a long term series (and is only willing to do a long term series if they get extra home games out of it); Pitt doesn't want to do anything except a long term home and away series. Hence, no agreement.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)