Patio Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I have been thinking about redoing my patio this summer. Currently its just your regular red bricks lying on dirt. It was never installed correctly, and I would like to install a new patio (stone tiles, deck tiles, etc.) correctly. I would like to stay under a $1000 .... any ideas on what to do / use?

A thousand is going to be tough, depending upon the size.

IF you decide to go with composite lumber or plastic (Evolve), go with the plastic. I've used both, and will never use composite again- it mildews. Plastic cost a bit more, and expands and contracts a bit more, but the results and durability are much better.

You could remove and save the brick, dig down, tamp it, lay down this almost powdery gray stone, tamp it (bigfoot, etc), lay bricks back down. Probably the cheapest, not counting medical expenses. ;)

What size? Slope? Type of soil?

A thousand is going to be tough, depending upon the size.

IF you decide to go with composite lumber or plastic (Evolve), go with the plastic. I've used both, and will never use composite again- it mildews. Plastic cost a bit more, and expands and contracts a bit more, but the results and durability are much better.

You could remove and save the brick, dig down, tamp it, lay down this almost powdery gray stone, tamp it (bigfoot, etc), lay bricks back down. Probably the cheapest, not counting medical expenses. ;)

What size? Slope? Type of soil?

Thanks Navychop for your input. I have busy at work and unable to response. I am atatching a schematic I created with the dimensions; essentially it is a flat 220 square foot area with no slopeView attachment Backyard Project 2011.doc

If it is level have you priced making forms & mixing concrete to do yourself? or as suggested pull the bricks and lay back down but maybe using mortar.

I am thinking the best idea is just to remove the current bricks, dig down, and build back up with appropriate "subfloor" and then repave with 12" or 16" tiles

dfergie said:
Yeah my idea would work here, but likely not there where it is wetter...

Thanks for thr idea .... just trying to get ideas right now, so all ideas are appreciated :)

remove brick, install proper well drained base, relay bricks, if you want a different look use the existing bricks to create a design.

You could make them into a big BH then invite me over:) T Bone steak RARE is my favorite:)

Dont invite me till ALL the work is done! I am the idea guy:) others do the grunt work:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts