Pause Unpause skipping ahead

shrike2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Federalsburg, MD
I had 10 minutes left in a show and I had to pause it for about 15 minutes. When I hit pause again to start playback, it skipped forward to the beginning of the next show and started the buffer over so i lost the end of the show. Any ideas on what the problem could be. Also, when I ff through the commercials and I hit play to start playback up again, it may skip ahead 5 or 10 minutes. Then i try to rewind to the correct spot and when I hit play it will skip back 5 or 10 minutes. Irritating to say the least. Doesn't do it all the time. Has done it on both my 1 Hopper and my 1 Joey. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem with my Joeys. It is almost impossible to watch recorded shows on them. When I fast forward through commercials, then press play at the point I want to resume, the show skips ahead another 10 minutes. If I try to rewind to get back, it will skip back 10 to 20 minutes. It takes me longer trying to get to the point that I want to watch than just watching the commercials. This is not good. The only thing I can watch are shows or movies that do not have commercials to ffwd through. I have no problems with the Hopper, just the Joeys.

I'm another disgruntled Joey user here. I passed this on to DISH months ago....still drives me crazy. Please address this issue DIRT!

Its not just a matter of skipping commercials. There are times where FF and Reverse are needed. And it would be nice to actually stop and resume play where you want it to. If you are not experiencing this problem with your Joey, you have no idea how frustrating it is! Since I rarely view programs live, I usually watch the recordings. I had a friend over and he missed the big wreck...no problem...rewind to the wreck on lap 20....ok there it is...play...ooops...it jumped to around lap 44....hmmm...rewind again....play....ooops...lap7...hmmm. Frustrating and embarrassing! This is what I have been dealing with since the rollout!

QUIT using FFW, use the skip ahead button, most breaks are 7 presses.

That won't solve my first problem. Also, many times I skip through recordings 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I don't think I want to hit the skip forward button 20 or 30 times. The ff and rewind buttons are there to use. When I had a Tivo it was so easy to hit ff twice then play at the end of the commercials. Always came out right. It had a 30 second skip but I never used it. Before anyone says why did I get rid of the Tivo, I had it when I had Directv, and now I have Dish, which I like.

I have the same problem on my Hopper as well as the Joeys. It's very inconsistent. Some days ff and rewind work like they should, other days they skip around all over the place. I actually thought S217 might have fixed a couple of days ago, but then one of the Joeys was doing it again yesterday... :-(

I actually thought it was fixed around 213, but its bad for me again. Playback from EHD does the same "skipping". Really bad on some adult programs.

I had 10 minutes left in a show and I had to pause it for about 15 minutes. When I hit pause again to start playback, it skipped forward to the beginning of the next show and started the buffer over so i lost the end of the show. Any ideas on what the problem could be. Also, when I ff through the commercials and I hit play to start playback up again, it may skip ahead 5 or 10 minutes. Then i try to rewind to the correct spot and when I hit play it will skip back 5 or 10 minutes. Irritating to say the least. Doesn't do it all the time. Has done it on both my 1 Hopper and my 1 Joey. Any suggestions?

I haven't had this issue on my Hopper but I experienced it for the first time on my Joey last night after the last rounds of upgrades S217 for the Hopper /268(?) for the Joey.

I'm not experiencing this on a Hopper, I am experiencing this on a Joey.

I don't watch enough TV on the other Joeys to tell you if those are problematic.

We're connected through coaxial on joeys and Hopper and direct ethernet to the Hopper, no wifi, no HIC. We did turn on bridging recently, but I think the issue occurred even before that.

I had 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys installed two weeks ago and the fast forward skipping ahead problem is very frustrating for me. I am experiencing the same problems as has been mentioned in this thread. Hope they fix it soon.

Finally found this thread.

My joeys are worthless dvr wise.

Never know where rw or ff will get you. Skip not much better.

Scale is delayed and worthless. Try it on audio channels. Doesn't work at all.

Slow forward from pause and it just sits for a minute, then jumps ahead.

Certain places in the playback have no audio or broken video. A few skips forward or back may bring it into sync, but it then ends up in a random place.

It's almost unusable watching while recording a couple shows. Watching the next day with no recorders active it's much better.

very frustrating - c'mon dish, get your act together. The Joey's are a pain to use with this nonsense going on... seems like if it's not one thing, it's another...

If it helps anyone.
The nodes seem problematic. Of course it could still be hopper.

I changed nodes and the next few days Joey was 10 times better. Actually tolerable.

I then needed a good single node for another job and put a dual node on.

Now the old issues are gone but every 15 minutes or so a "lost signal/record loss" message pops up, and there is a later glitch in recording.

This is only seen on recordings. Not live or delayed viewing.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts