Pawn Stars Gets Scroogled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, that was advertisement Pawn Shop did for Windows. I don't think it shows anything beyond it being a commercial..... :)

Certainly, the storage unit selling shows are phony ("salted") but I don't think there is any incentive to phony up Pawn Stars. Which I've stopped watching.

I think they're phony in the amount of knowledge Rick knows about EVERY different item brought in. That part, to me, is clearly researched and scripted.

I do think I'd read that different items that have been brought in were set up.

Either it is all scripted or they pick the best items from that time period to put on their show.

none of those reality shows are real..sometimes I think Judge Judy and peoples court are scripted too

I think people confuse choosing content and editing to "staging." They obviously don't open the doors, just have the people who happen to be there come in and film it, then put it on TV and nothing more. They could have people on call from A&E when someone with something interesting comes in. They could have people who call in advance to say they are coming in. (Obviously when they call in experts it can't be an instant appearance everytime) And they could just pick days and times and hope for the best. I don't consider any of that staging or fake. Rick really does have quite alot of knowledge of several things, but no doubt if someone calls in advance, he looks up the information. Plus sometimes they can put his explanations into the filming after. So I agree, just on his own he can't know as much as it seems on every item.

I think like everything else the whole show is scripted. I know that it is a real pawn shop and I believe that Rick does know a lot of stuff, about things, but it has to be scripted and set up. I enjoy watching this show, but it is getting ridiculous lately, it is more about the lives of the cast members and drama, then people actually bringing things in.

Now that part is scripted, no question. The family stuff does not just happen. If that's what people are talking about, I 100% agree. They look like they are trying to act then.

Last edited:
If they showed a real pon shop nobody would watch

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I enjoy watching this show, but it is getting ridiculous lately, it is more about the lives of the cast members and drama, then people actually bringing things in.
What show are you talking about now, Deadliest Catch, American Chopper, Gold Rush or what? :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I really dislike what they've done to Pawn Stars this season. It used to be that the "interpersonal" "spontaneous" stuff that happened between the four was a very minor part of the show. It used to be nothing more than a line or two between appraisals. Now it's half the freaking show and I hate it! Thank God for a DVR.

The Google Chrome book bit is a commercial. So is the commercial for a "great new item!"
https://www.onerazor.com/?mid=4320463

They have more stuff about the people themselves than the stuff they buy. One episode they showed Chum's new house and a house warming party. Ugh!

They have more stuff about the people themselves than the stuff they buy. One episode they showed Chum's new house and a house warming party. Ugh!

That episode took the show to a whole new level of SUCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)