pay per channel

brooklynob1

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
brooklyn
is that possible? i pay $1.50 a month for ktla was wondering if i could do that with other channels. i wanted to downgrade my plan but a few channels that i have now wont be available to me in the smaller plan so was wondering if i could just pay for the 1 or 2 channels i wouldnt be getting anymore

Depends what channels. And there aren't many . The Superstations can be, outdoor network,RFD, bloomburg, Encore can be had for $4.99 per month. thats about all I know of.

well i have the 250 now the only channels i get with that the 200 dont have is the encore which i can do without cuz i rarely watch the movie channels anyway the only channel really would be vh1 classic that we watch in the house all the other channel that im getttin with the 250 that the 200 dont get are a waste cuz i dont watch them

is that possible? i pay $1.50 a month for ktla was wondering if i could do that with other channels. i wanted to downgrade my plan but a few channels that i have now wont be available to me in the smaller plan so was wondering if i could just pay for the 1 or 2 channels i wouldnt be getting anymore

Brooklynob1 - Do you know if KTLA still plays the LA Dodger games? If so this would be a must have for me. Thanks.

On a related note, I'd really like to see more a la carte offerings. I"m not talking about true a la carte where you build channel by channel from the ground up. I'm talking a tiered type of a la carte that has a broad array of a la carte offerings that you can tag on to a package that otherwise suits your need. This would be a big improvement over having to sign up for a top level package just to get the one channel you really want.

What do I mean by tiered a la carte? I want HD including NHL Network. I want a DVR. I want Fox Soccer. I'd love to get the HD-only package but I'm a huge soccer fan and FSC is a must. The only way I'd get FSC is by getting the 250 with Dish. All the other stuff in 250 is filler for me. The only reason I'd go from AT100+ to AT250 is for that one channel... $17 more.

If I could get FSC for say $5-6/mo + the HD package w/locals and DVR for $41, that'd be $46 or 47/mo. versus the $80/mo I'd have to pay for AT250 + HD + locals. That's a $33 add-on for essentially one channel.

I know there's probably some kind of legal mumbo jumbo in the way, carriage rules, and packaging I assume makes it easier to handle authorizations and such. But I'm tempted to go without FSC and just do HD-only for $41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)