Pay-Per-View SD only on dish.com? Can anyone confirm?

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi
I wanted to watch a movie on Dish PPV. When I went to My account--order PPV on Dish.com site, the only options I see are SD movies. No HD alternatives.
Tried to chat with a representative, was more than 20 minutes waiting (I was #67 on the cue), went all the way down to number 5, and got disconnected :coco:oldmad. Tried again and then I was number 133 on the cue.
It seems to me like a pretty high number of people on chat for a Saturday at 10pm.
I suspect there is something wrong with dish.com site, but I don't know.

Has anyone seen this today? Can anyone enter dish.com and find out or confirm is this a problem with their site or just a problem with my account?

In any way, the window of opportunity for the movie I wanted to watch is gone for today (too late now). I'll have to try tomorrow, but I want to be sure before going on that chat again...

Thanks...

Just tried on Mydish.com for the movie "The Judge" and it is giving me an HD option only. Channel 520.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 203
Thanks Chad. That seems to be correct, since The Judge is not on SD tonight, as far as I know. I can't even get the listings for that movie, since I get only SD on the site. Can you or anyone confirm with any other movie that is broadcasting in both formats, like "Wild", "Lost River", "Interstellar", Big Hero 6, etc?...
Thank you very much for the response... Never seen this before on my account...

Thanks manteca, so maybe a problem with PR accounts? You got to be kidding me! First, we don't get all HD as in the states, and now they are going to limit HD we can get?
I sure hope this is a programming glitch that can be resolved soon. I have been able to order HD PPV in the past without problems.... Will chat or DIRT tomorrow...

Got to clarify. I can go to the channel, and it seems to be available to order right there. But I have some PPV certificates, and the only way to redeem those are online and *ugh* phone...

Just got off Dish chat. The representative could not access the HD version either. He or she had to order the movie and then credit the amount. It confirms that I could order from remote, but not from site. I asked that the issue be submitted to tech. Any way, I will talk to DIRT in the week. Hope it is easily solved.

I'm guessing it has something to do with PR. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. VI also experienced the same issue.

Just to clarify this had been a long time problem for us PR subs. Cannot order HD PPV movies via chat or from Internet. Only recently PPV sports (Cricket WC) was although listed as SD only for me...but while doing a chat..the CSR confirmed that she got me the HD version and I was able to get he HD PPV of it. So no idea whats the issue here. Also verified with a friend who confirmed that he can get Boxing PPV in HD on Dish also.

We already have all those HD PPV channels anyway. My guess is that since Dish is not able to give all the HD PPV Movies channels they block us in PR for ordering them also.

In the past I have been able to order PPV online in HD. Have redeemed a lot of free certificates that way, no problem. This problem must've happened in the last one or two years or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)