Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
Anybody else having this problem?
Ever since I scanned it in,it freezes up on occasion.Sometimes regular.
If I go to menu,then exit,it works for awhile,then freezes again.
Using a S10
Any suggestions?

i think you need to change firmware. don't have any suggestions on the s10 though. my solomend would lock up on some of the s10 firmwares so went back to an s9 version, 11-03-21 that does not lock up. thats my guess on the lockups. charlie

Agreed. I figured it was the FW since the pbj channel is the "only" channel that would freeze,but it would mess up the whole system as far as channels go.I could switch channels,but no video.
These buggers seem to have more problems than a math book!!

Yep it is for sure an S10 problem.

honestly?
Jeff Schumann from Manhattan sent me it as a test sample to try and work the bugs out

honestly?
Jeff Schumann from Manhattan sent me it as a test sample to try and work the bugs out

Ice, not trying to put you on the spot. But do you like it any better than the S9 a.k.a. Solomend & S10?

Last edited by a moderator:
And what about the new pansat hd?
I've decided just to stop watching pbj.It's the only channel that makes my s10 lock up.No big lose.
I do know that I'll never spend money on any s9/10/11/12 in the future.
They have lost my business.I'll pay a little more,and get a much better product.
I thought the s10 wouldn't have all the problems,but they do.They are just put them in a smaller box :mad:

Ice, not trying to put you on the spot. But do you like it any better than the S9 a.k.a. Solomend & S10?

I can't give you an honest answer since I owned all 3 at different times.
I bought the original Sathawk when they first came out and it was a steaming pile of monkey crap for a good 6-9 months. They kept doing software upgrades and it was fix one break another. Couldnt use a motor and a switch at same time was the big one. So I sold it
The S10 I bought when they came out and while it was nice at the time I really didnt need it so sold it. If I remember right it was a nice unit

The one big thing I like with the MH is I can record 2 shows on same transponder while watching a 3rd channel. I dont think the SSO can do that yet

I can't give you an honest answer since I owned all 3 at different times.
I bought the original Sathawk when they first came out and it was a steaming pile of monkey crap for a good 6-9 months. They kept doing software upgrades and it was fix one break another. Couldnt use a motor and a switch at same time was the big one. So I sold it
The S10 I bought when they came out and while it was nice at the time I really didnt need it so sold it. If I remember right it was a nice unit

The one big thing I like with the MH is I can record 2 shows on same transponder while watching a 3rd channel. I dont think the SSO can do that yet

Thanks Ice,
That's what I wanted to here. I two bought the ordinal Sathawk. I have my 4DTV receiver as positioner so I didn't need the motor operation. It's been a fair receiver i.e. the Sathawk. later I went and bought the Azbox prem +, little hard to learn at first but now I like it. I was reading about the studdering and hang ups the people were having but the Az Prem + has a very good quality picture of the pbj

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)