PBS/Create on 123.0 West Galaxy 18?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
Had a strange thing happen to me tonight....

I was out realigning my old primestar antenna that I use for AMC 3.
After aligning this antenna I went to the front of the house to align my Fortec dish which is aimed at G10 (Sorry, I notice that it's G18 now).

The memory of my Fortec receiver was still set for AMC 3 and the Create channel popped up as soon as I turned it on. There were a couple of PBS channels as well.

I've been out of the forum for over a year now....I really haven't been keeping up because of a lot of other responsibilities. I don't know if I missed out on information about something being moved or not.

I checked the forum postings and Mike Kohl's Sat listings. I didn't see anything about this.

I hope that I'm not posting something that is common knowledge here.

Is PBS in the process of moving to G18?

I really miss this forum. I hope that you're all doing well.

Last edited:
Well, this is still the coolest forum on the net :) Thanks for the answers.

I notice now (since you've mentioned it) that Mike Kohl's site has "125.0 West AMC-21 coming soon" I didn't notice this before. No channel listings at all for it.

I didn't even know that there was a new bird up there. I guess that I will have to stick around. :)

Thanks a lot for all of your help.

I think that I'll do a search for AMC 21 and get caught up.

Thanks again!

Tim

I wish it were that easy........I've spent the last 2 hours in the cold and dark and can't seem to find AMC21.........drat!!!
I tried all the freqs listed in the other AMC21 thread to no avail.
Perhaps I'll have to drag the Pansat receiver out there. The Coolsat 5000 isn't doing it for me. I found 121, and a couple others that had all scrambled channels. GRRRRR!
Just came in to warm my hands and make some coffee while it blind scans on something that might be it..........but I'm not holding my breath.

I wish it were that easy........I've spent the last 2 hours in the cold and dark and can't seem to find AMC21.........drat!!!
I tried all the freqs listed in the other AMC21 thread to no avail.
Perhaps I'll have to drag the Pansat receiver out there. The Coolsat 5000 isn't doing it for me. I found 121, and a couple others that had all scrambled channels. GRRRRR!
Just came in to warm my hands and make some coffee while it blind scans on something that might be it..........but I'm not holding my breath.

I wish you luck. G18 and G21 are so close together that I was getting both at the same time. (G18 was a little off.) I'd aim for G18 and just bump a little bit.

Isn't it cool to find Satellites in the cold dark Autumn skies? :)

Snip.....I tried all the freqs listed in the other AMC21 thread to no avail....Snip

By the way...

My receiver was still set for the AMC 3 frequencies when I had my "Discovery" . Maybe if you tried your AMC 3 frequencies you might have some luck? I read on another post that the frequencies mirrored each other on both AMC 3 and AMC 21.

Good luck Inno!

Last edited:
That might just be the ticket. I ran out of......well I ran out of warmth! And my power source ran out of power.

It was a beautiful night.......nice and clear........heck, I could probably have found it with my son's telescope! I think I had problems due to the fact that I'm used to setting things up using a Pansat 3500 and tonight I was using a Coolsat 5000 I got cheap from E-bay. It is working correctly but I'm not quite used to it yet.
But.......I'll mess around with it more perhaps on the weekend........maybe in some daylight, that might be interesting for a change. Last time I was out there I wore a hoodie 'cause the mosquitoes were bad..........tonight I wore it for the warmth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)