Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Has anyone noticed that some of the PBS feeds have dropped off this bird? I recently lost a few channels. I did a blind scan but it didn't do any good.

Yep! You're talking about the LPBS channels. During the day you can receive those channels until dark. Montana PBS has somewhat weak signal but not as bad as the mentioned channels. I love the PBS networks and every state has programming so unique.
I barely watch network programmings since most are too adult rated for family viewing. Pitiful!

i watched those LPBS channels the other night. they were booming in fine here in WV.
i use a 10' mesh sami bud with norsat KU lnbs on bullseye II feed. it may be that one of the neighboring sats is cranking up something that is interfering on the smaller dishes? i know back when i used to use a 90cm ku dish to pick up the equity channels on G10R KU, the dishnet tp next door used to knock me down quite a few percent at times.

No problems here in the Carribean, all feed working fine in a 4' 1/2 dish. LPBS keep showing the same problems mentioned before (ok in the morning, gone at night). Montana PBS changed a while ago to DVB S2.

Here is a list of what I got:

12067 H 12475 3/2 S2 LPBS HD
12096 V 4340 Telairity Encoded HD
12105 V 2398 S2 Montana HD
12112 V 8705 3/4 S2 OETA HD
12140 V 30000 PBS HD Feeds
12150 H 14029 " " "
12163 H 4444 PBS Feed SD
12169 H 4444 " " "
12175 H 4444 " " "
12180 V 30000 Create, V-me, PBS World and Feed SD

Yep! You're talking about the LPBS channels. During the day you can receive those channels until dark. Montana PBS has somewhat weak signal but not as bad as the mentioned channels. I love the PBS networks and every state has programming so unique.
I barely watch network programmings since most are too adult rated for family viewing. Pitiful!

No, not LPBS, a couple of the feeds (SD and HD.) They were working fine until we had a snow storm last week. I may need to get up on the roof.

Hmmm...
Look like I gonna need a bigger dish than the Primestar 1.2 dish I am using. Well, my 8 foot is only a few feet from it. That mean I will be needing a C/KU LNBF to get all the C and Ku FTA channels. The reason I haven't done that is because I have been waiting on the 4DTV issue to resolve. That has already shaped up so after Christmas I will work on the bigger dish.

Looks like the Horizontal polarity went out on my LNB. I'm just getting Vertical at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)