PBS-HD Alert: NOVA - Descent Into the Ice Note, 2/14 4:00PM EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
PBS-HD Alert: NOVA - Descent Into the Ice Note, 2/10 8:00 PM ET

Synopsis: A team of "glacionauts" ventures into a labyrinth of unexplored and harzadous glacier caves on France's Mt. Blanc.

Check your local listing...

February 12: 5:00AM, 2:00PM, 8:00PM, 11:00PM
February 13: 3:00PM
February 14: 4:00PM
February 15: 9:00AM
February 16: 12:00PM
February 17: 11:00AM

This show was great! The video of the glacier from below and its movement was amazing. If you missed it, try and catch it sometime. Sure wish I had a DVR!

Geno

My damn rotor did not work last night! I have to go up the roof this weekend (depending on the weather) and find why it did not work. I was looking forward to see it. I hope to catch it.

If you like that you'll love this

Hi:
I liked that glacier show as well. There is a kind of similar show about underground rivers in Florida playing on Discovery HD that has even better underwater HD photography. I think it is called "Florida's hidden aquafiers (sp?)" These guys went three miles underwater underground with a professional HD underwater photography team from Japan filming them partway and then their own HD cameras the rest of the way. Some of the underground underwater caverns were so big that their lights could not reach the other side, ceiling, or bottom once they entered them through a small channel.
Joseph

Geno said:
This show was great! The video of the glacier from below and its movement was amazing. If you missed it, try and catch it sometime. Sure wish I had a DVR!

Geno

Sean Mota said:
My damn rotor did not work last night! I have to go up the roof this weekend (depending on the weather) and find why it did not work. I was looking forward to see it. I hope to catch it.

Did you re-sync it???

That is the pain in the ass part of a rotor is that they get out of sync quickly & need re-syncing!