PBS Sherman

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I live in Sherman Tx. They say it is "Sherman, TX - ADA PBS (PBS-S)". Not real sure where it is coming from but is missing several of the shows the PBS from Dallas has. I like some of the cooking shows like Mexico One Plate at a Time. Is there a national PBS I could get?

Not if you get a local one. Grandfathered subscribers can keep the national PBS....

You are getting the NATIONAL PBS as channel 60. Ch 13 Dallas buys quite a few programs that they supplement the National feed with. "Mexico one plate at a time" is also offered on channel 8-3 OTA but may not be easy to receive in Sherman.

Since your market doesnt have a PBS station you get the national feed.

DBS usually doesnt import a PBS from a neighboring market if you dont have one (like cable does)

Thanks. I use to have my OTA pointed at Dallas and was able to get it. I pointed it back at Sherman during the stormy season so when the bad storms came in and I lost my dish I could still get local stations for updates.

Thanks. I use to have my OTA pointed at Dallas and was able to get it. I pointed it back at Sherman during the stormy season so when the bad storms came in and I lost my dish I could still get local stations for updates.
I thought for CH12 all you had to do was touch the antenna terminal and the signal was there. I am getting CH12 and 10 off the back side of my antenna and 50-60 stations from Dallas off the front. Ch 8 is comning in at 74-76 on a VIP612, I'll get a couple of brief outages in a 30 min show maybe 2-3 seconds. Bayless is on Livewell at 3:30.

For some reason I have a hard time getting those where I live. Tried a few of the good inside antenna'a and could not get a signal. Could not get any signal when pointed at Dallas. My friend that helped me a couple of times moving the antenna said that last time was his last. I was also thinking when I pointed at Sherman I could get a HD signal from CW from Kten but was wrong. Most of the channels come off the UHF now dont they?

CBS, Fox and NBC are the only feeds KTEN and KXII deliver in HD. I have a very large antenna at our ranch at Pontotoc and I could pull in Dallas at night after 8:30 or 9. I'm pretty sure you won't get Dallas with an indoor antenna from Sherman. It will take a decent outdoor aerial.

Last edited:
For some reason I have a hard time getting those where I live. Tried a few of the good inside antenna'a and could not get a signal. Could not get any signal when pointed at Dallas. My friend that helped me a couple of times moving the antenna said that last time was his last. I was also thinking when I pointed at Sherman I could get a HD signal from CW from Kten but was wrong. Most of the channels come off the UHF now dont they?

Ch10 broadcasts on UHF 26 Ch12 broadcasts on VHF 12
Dallas stations ar about 70 miles South of you well out of range for most indoor antenna. You will need a deep fringe VHF/UHF antenna to receive them and a high spot wouldn't hurt.

It was my locals 10 and 12 I could not pick inside. Got pretty good signals when antenna was pointed at Dallas except channel 8 during the day. Just have an antenna on five foot pole on roof. Guess need to find someone to help me point it back at Dallas. I have loosened and tightened some many times now Probably need to get new pole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts