PCWorld mistake about Verizon FIOS corrected online with June mag correction:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I've called PCWorld to inform them about two weeks ago about their misprint in PCWorld about Verizon FIOS TV and they have now updated the online article along with putting a pending correction in the June issue of PCWorld. The error is in the article called TV Your Way which starts on page 18. The chart in question is on the bottom of page 20. Under IPTV it stated the following below under Notes.

"Base package provides 180 channels of digital TV, including 22 HD and 47 music channels, for around $35 a month. Add another $35 for basic broadband and $400 (standard definition) to $1300 (high-definition with DVR) for the set-top box.

This quote above is the exact quote from the article itself. The online article now corrects the set-top box pricing.

The website correction is quoted below.

"Base package provides 180 channels of digital TV, including 22 HD and 47 music channels, for around $35 a month. Add monthly fees for the set-top box as follows: $3.95 for standard definition, $9.95 for high definition, and $12.95 for HD DVR."

I just wanted you all to make sure that if anyone tells you Verizon charges very high upfront costs for the boxes just ask them if they read about that in PCWorld and if they said yes direct them to the online article with the corrections.

This was a very big mistake and Verizon has demanded that somebody get fired at PCWorld as they feel they lost a big pool of possible customers who might not get the updated information. I as of yet am unaware if anyone has been fired at PCWorld but this was a huge mistake on their part and I think less of this magazine now that I see the quality of people they hire now. This mistake required at least two different departments not picking up on this major error. Where is the quality control in this company now. I understand mistakes occur in this business and I always felt PCWorld was one of the best when it comes to these issues but after this I'm not so sure as this was such a major mistake unlike the image I've had with PCWorld for so long. I don't think I'll cancel my subscription but I'm thinking about it that is for sure. Maybe PCMag might get a try soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts